- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
‘Star Wars’ star Daisy Ridley geeks out over her first ‘The Force Awakens’ figure
She’s about to be inundated with toys featuring her likeness.
The 23-year-old British actress, who plays the scavenger-turned-hero Rey in the upcoming seventh Star Wars film, attended the Disney fan convention D23 over the weekend and unveiled the figure as part of The Force Awakens playset for the online video game Disney Infinity.
After the convention, she took to Instagram to geek out about seeing herself in Disney toy form.
Ridley is about to get many, many more figures of her character, and she’ll soon see her face on everything from paper plates to backpacks. No franchise has capitalized on merchandising better than Star Wars.
Ridley rejoined Instagram at the start of D23 after a long social-media hiatus. Her other recent photos show her riding Star Tours, Disneyland‘s Star Wars simulator attraction, and showing off the D23-exclusive The Force Awakens poster with her front and center.
Photo via Daisy Ridley/Instagram
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.