- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
‘Star Wars’ star Daisy Ridley geeks out over her first ‘The Force Awakens’ figure
She’s about to be inundated with toys featuring her likeness.
The 23-year-old British actress, who plays the scavenger-turned-hero Rey in the upcoming seventh Star Wars film, attended the Disney fan convention D23 over the weekend and unveiled the figure as part of The Force Awakens playset for the online video game Disney Infinity.
After the convention, she took to Instagram to geek out about seeing herself in Disney toy form.
Ridley is about to get many, many more figures of her character, and she’ll soon see her face on everything from paper plates to backpacks. No franchise has capitalized on merchandising better than Star Wars.
Ridley rejoined Instagram at the start of D23 after a long social-media hiatus. Her other recent photos show her riding Star Tours, Disneyland‘s Star Wars simulator attraction, and showing off the D23-exclusive The Force Awakens poster with her front and center.
Photo via Daisy Ridley/Instagram
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.