- Trump signed an ego tweet sheet for Tomi Lahren–and it features conspiracy theorists Wednesday 6:59 PM
- Attorneys say ICE deleted evidence pertaining to transgender asylum seeker’s death Wednesday 6:24 PM
- Everything you need to know about VSCO filter codes Wednesday 6:17 PM
- Are users prepared to pay for Gmail storage space? Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Facebook pledges $1 billion to fight housing crisis it helped create Wednesday 5:16 PM
- Lizzo officially credits ‘DNA test’ tweet writer on ‘Truth Hurts’ Wednesday 4:50 PM
- Pornhub takes down videos secretly filmed in a college women’s locker room Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google Maps on iPhone now shows you speed traps Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Here’s why you’re seeing ‘rise and shine’ all over social media Wednesday 3:45 PM
- AOC grills Zuckerberg over false political ads on Facebook Wednesday 3:27 PM
- Fox News promotes pro-faith, anti-antifa film ‘The Reliant’ Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Cardi B to star in ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Wednesday 3:12 PM
- AOC on opening her DMs: ‘By this morning, it was trash’ Wednesday 2:26 PM
- The ending to Netflix’s ‘Eli’ has divided viewers Wednesday 2:07 PM
- Teen consumes ungodly amount of meat, becomes meme Wednesday 2:07 PM
The trailer for Steven Spielberg‘s The BFG is a guaranteed tearjerker, combining childhood nostalgia with cutting edge visual effects.
The Roald Dahl classic follows a young girl who befriends a giant nicknamed BFG (for “big friendly giant”), a soft-hearted vegetarian from a society of man-eating monsters.
Spielberg’s live action adaptation stars British theater actor Mark Rylance, who won an Oscar this year for Spielberg’s Bridge of Spies. Newcomer Ruby Barnhill plays the young orphan Sophie.
With a screenplay adapted by E.T. scribe Melissa Mathison, we hope this turns out to be the modern classic Roald Dahl fans deserve.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor