- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unbelievable’ examines the nature of victimhood and the long road to justice Saturday 7:30 AM
Boba Fett takes on Deadpool in a rap battle, while Spider-Man takes on Darth Maul in a fight
Marvel vs Star Wars? Everyone wins.
The obvious answer is that when Marvel and Star Wars characters face off in epic battles, we all win. But in the case of Deadpool versus Boba Fett, and Spider-Man versus Darth Maul, we honestly don’t know who the victors are.
Our first face-off comes to us courtesy of Epic Rap Battles of History, the YouTube channel that’s been pitting our faves against each other for years. In this special Star Wars-y installment, the Merc with a Mouth faces off against the merc who rarely talks. Boba Fett may be the deadliest mercenary in a galaxy far, far away, but Deadpool doesn’t have to work hard to remind us why he’s getting his own movie.
So who won? We have no idea. They each got in plenty of jabs, and while YouTube commenters understandably seem to be leaning toward Deadpool, we can’t overlook Fett—even if he is part of what makes the notorious Christmas special so embarrassing.
Next up: Super Power Beat Down, the long-running webseries in which real geeks sound off on hypothetical matchups of superheroes and then the battle plays out in front of us. In the latest episode, it’s Spider-Man against The Phantom Menace villain Darth Maul. Though Maul only showed up for a few scenes in the first prequel, fans were surprisingly quick to take his side.
Jump to 6:45 if you just want to skip the fan debate and see how it all went down.
Plenty of fans think that old-fashioned superpowers just can’t stand up to the power of the Force, but we have to side with the Beat Down and go with Spidey on this one. He’s got agility, intelligence, and webbed fingers on his side. Darth Maul mostly just has a lot of theatrics and a really cool lightsaber.
What do you think?
Screengrab via ERB/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.