- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for four months 4 Years Ago
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
Boba Fett takes on Deadpool in a rap battle, while Spider-Man takes on Darth Maul in a fight
Marvel vs Star Wars? Everyone wins.
The obvious answer is that when Marvel and Star Wars characters face off in epic battles, we all win. But in the case of Deadpool versus Boba Fett, and Spider-Man versus Darth Maul, we honestly don’t know who the victors are.
Our first face-off comes to us courtesy of Epic Rap Battles of History, the YouTube channel that’s been pitting our faves against each other for years. In this special Star Wars-y installment, the Merc with a Mouth faces off against the merc who rarely talks. Boba Fett may be the deadliest mercenary in a galaxy far, far away, but Deadpool doesn’t have to work hard to remind us why he’s getting his own movie.
So who won? We have no idea. They each got in plenty of jabs, and while YouTube commenters understandably seem to be leaning toward Deadpool, we can’t overlook Fett—even if he is part of what makes the notorious Christmas special so embarrassing.
Next up: Super Power Beat Down, the long-running webseries in which real geeks sound off on hypothetical matchups of superheroes and then the battle plays out in front of us. In the latest episode, it’s Spider-Man against The Phantom Menace villain Darth Maul. Though Maul only showed up for a few scenes in the first prequel, fans were surprisingly quick to take his side.
Jump to 6:45 if you just want to skip the fan debate and see how it all went down.
Plenty of fans think that old-fashioned superpowers just can’t stand up to the power of the Force, but we have to side with the Beat Down and go with Spidey on this one. He’s got agility, intelligence, and webbed fingers on his side. Darth Maul mostly just has a lot of theatrics and a really cool lightsaber.
What do you think?
Screengrab via ERB/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.