- How to watch Netflix on Linux 4 Years Ago
- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
Microsoft releases new footage of its dual exclusive game and TV series Quantum Break
Stars from ‘Lord of the Rings’ and ‘Fringe’ round out the cast for the Xbox One exclusive multimedia franchise.
Microsoft today at its Xbox Gamescom 2015 briefing gave top billing to Quantum Break, an action game and an Xbox exclusive television show that star Shawn Ashmore and Aidan Gillen in leading roles.
You might recognize Ashmore as Iceman in the X-Men movies. In Quantum Break, he plays protagonist Jack Joyce, a man who has the ability to manipulate time as the result of an accident he had during a time travel experiment. You know Gillen as the smooth-talking Littlefinger on Game of Thrones. Gillen plays Paul Serine, the scientist who invents the world’s first time travel device and who is responsible for the accident that causes time to begin splintering in Quantum Break.
The Quantum Break gameplay footage revealed at Gamescom showed Joyce trapping enemies in bubbles of frozen time and speeding up time to make quick dashes during combat.
Dominic Monaghan, who played Meriadoc Brandybuck in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, plays Jack’s brother Will in Quantum Break. Will Joyce apparently knows how to fix the damage caused by Serine’s experiment. Lance Reddick, who played Cedric Daniels in The Wire and Phillip Broyles in Fringe, takes the role of Hatch, an associate of Paul Serine, in Quantum Break.
Quantum Break the game is about heroes, and players will control Jack Joyce during the game, so expect Ashmore to dominate that side of the multimedia package. Quantum Break the show is about villains, so Gillen and Reddick will occupy more of the center stage there. A shorter version of the new trailer for Quantum Break gives you the best look at footage from the television show.
Microsoft also announced an April 5, 2016, release date for Quantum Break, exclusively on the Xbox One.
Screengrab via Xbox/YouTube
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.