- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
- ‘Save Yourselves!’ is a charming and humorous take on the alien invasion movie Tuesday 11:53 AM
When Tyler Richins of Formidable Toys launched a Kickstarter in 2014 to make creative foam toy swords, we were impressed by the designs. The Kickstarter for the Prime Swords was fully funded, and the toys are now available for purchase. But Richins isn’t stopping there. On Monday he launched another Kickstarter to help bring a set of dragon toy swords to life.
The new dragon series of swords feature three different designs called the ARC dragon, ISS dragon, and MEK dragon. These swords will also have interchangeable hilts, crossguards, and blades like the first set of Prime Swords so you can swap pieces to create your own unique look. These dragon sword pieces will be interchangeable not only with each other, but with the other designs Formidable Toys offers as well.
Like the first Kickstarter, these Prime Swords are also a fun idea and great way for kids to use their imagination as they go on adventures with their sword at their side. The dragon designs are impressive, and it’s nice to see them potentially becoming a reality after they fell short of being created as a stretch goal in the first campaign. These swords also appear to include a few improvements since that first campaign, with shortened levers on the grips and reinforced hinge pins, according to the new Kickstarter.
The campaign also includes some amazing stretch goals. The first is a dual blade grip design that would allow people to combine any two Prime Swords. There are also goals for a lightning dragon design, rock dragon design, and dark creature design.
First this campaign needs to reach its initial goal of $100,000. As of Tuesday, it had raised more than $3,330 from 42 backers. The Kickstarter will end on Sept. 21.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.