- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
Starting at 3pm ET Friday, Pokémon trainers will encounter more scary Pokémon in the augmented reality mobile game, including new ghost-type Pokémon from Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire’s Hoenn region. (Get ready to see Sableye, Banette, and more!) You’ll also find Pikachu wandering around with an adorable witch hat costume.
Niantic is rewarding players with extra candy for the Halloween season, doubling your haul for catching, hatching, and transferring Pokémon. Even better, your Buddy Pokémon’s candy-finding prowess will improve. Keep an eye out for special boxes from the in-game shop to pick up items including Raid Passes and Super Incubators.
The fun won’t end after the Halloween event closes at Nov. 2 at 4pm ET. According to Polygon, dataminers have discovered lots of evidence that more Hoenn region Pokémon are imminent additions to the game—something Niantic confirmed will be an early December update.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.