- Government sues Edward Snowden for breaking a non-disclosure agreement 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Olympiacos in the Champions League 5 Years Ago
- ‘Love Island’ star’s Instagram photo doctored for MAGA hat ad Today 1:16 PM
- Los Tigres del Norte carry on Johnny Cash’s legacy in stellar Folsom Prison concert film Today 1:05 PM
- Keke Palmer’s ‘sorry to this man’ meme is perfect Today 12:59 PM
- Hoodies with fake bullet holes from prominent school shootings spark outrage Today 12:44 PM
- Instagram apologizes for censoring pictures of fish Today 12:40 PM
- George R.R. Martin clarifies some things about the ‘Game of Thrones’ Targaryen prequel Today 12:20 PM
- Bill Mitchell, the Trump-loving QAnon scammer, is pushing ammunition for a civil war Today 11:53 AM
- How to stream Tigres vs. Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup final Today 11:48 AM
- How to stream Bayern Munich vs. Belgrade Red Star in Champions League action Today 11:36 AM
- HBO Max gains the streaming rights to ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Today 11:30 AM
- Everyone hates this Russian rapper’s pro-Putin music video Today 10:34 AM
- Skull fire logs are here to make you look like a gleeful murderer Today 10:30 AM
- High school cheerleading team put on probation for waving Trump banner during a game Today 10:12 AM
This pianist turns Nintendo themes into classical masterpieces in seconds
From DuckTales to The Legend of Zelda, this musician’s take on video game themes will blow you away.
They say practice makes perfect, but for this pianist, sometimes there’s no practice necessary.
Pianist and composer Sonya Belousova makes up half of the musical group behind the YouTube channel Player Piano. Belousova creates music videos along with producer and director Tom Grey that put a classical twist on pop culture songs.
At the request of a contributor to their current Indiegogo campaign, the pair decided to create a video of Belousova trying to play classical arrangements of Nintendo video game theme songs—without any prior preparation. In what Player Piano calls an “On the Spot” video, Grey played seven Nintendo songs on a computer for Belousova, who listened to them and then in seconds created classical arrangements of the tunes on her piano.
Belousova’s skill in translating these songs to the piano so quickly is impressive to say the least. There are a lot of familiar themes she tackles like The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Castlevania, along with some fantastic themes you may have forgotten that will instantly make you want to play your Nintendo again like Mega Man II and even DuckTales!
Check out Belousova’s skill for yourself in the video below.
Screenshot via PlayerPiano/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.