- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Today 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Today 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
Peter Jackson strongly hints in new Facebook video that he’s directing ‘Doctor Who’
So, can we confirm that Peter Jackson is directing an episode of ‘Doctor Who’? Or is this an elaborate joke?
For more than a year now, Doctor Who fans have been speculating that Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson will direct an episode. The idea seemed almost too good to be true, but a new video from Jackson’s Facebook page suggests that it’s finally happening.
The clip shows Jackson hanging out at home, polishing his Oscar statuettes while his daughter checks his email. Apparently, he’s been ignoring a lot of emails from Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat.
“Put it this way,” says Jackson. “I reply to the ones I can understand. Some are a bit incoherent. You know, like his scripts. I mean, there’s great ones, and there’s ones that are… not great.” It all seems to be shaping up into an unexpected geek-culture feud between Jackson and Moffat—until the Doctor himself appears in the room.
So, now that Peter Capaldi has handed Jackson a contract to direct an episode of Doctor Who, can we confirm this rumor to be true? Or is the skit just an elaborate joke? After all, Jackson never actually signed on the dotted line.
Screengrab via Peter Jackson/Facebook
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.