- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Peter Jackson strongly hints in new Facebook video that he’s directing ‘Doctor Who’
So, can we confirm that Peter Jackson is directing an episode of ‘Doctor Who’? Or is this an elaborate joke?
For more than a year now, Doctor Who fans have been speculating that Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson will direct an episode. The idea seemed almost too good to be true, but a new video from Jackson’s Facebook page suggests that it’s finally happening.
The clip shows Jackson hanging out at home, polishing his Oscar statuettes while his daughter checks his email. Apparently, he’s been ignoring a lot of emails from Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat.
“Put it this way,” says Jackson. “I reply to the ones I can understand. Some are a bit incoherent. You know, like his scripts. I mean, there’s great ones, and there’s ones that are… not great.” It all seems to be shaping up into an unexpected geek-culture feud between Jackson and Moffat—until the Doctor himself appears in the room.
So, now that Peter Capaldi has handed Jackson a contract to direct an episode of Doctor Who, can we confirm this rumor to be true? Or is the skit just an elaborate joke? After all, Jackson never actually signed on the dotted line.
Screengrab via Peter Jackson/Facebook
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor