- You can watch DC Universe’s acclaimed original shows for free Today 6:28 AM
- Ximena Sariñana talks capturing feminine energy on her latest album Today 6:00 AM
- The power of parasocial relationships in the age of loneliness Today 6:00 AM
- How to get started with WhatsApp on desktop Today 5:30 AM
- Netflix will remove controversial disaster footage from ‘Bird Box’ Sunday 4:04 PM
- J.K. Rowling’s latest ‘Fantastic Beasts’ reveal is bringing the memes Sunday 3:01 PM
- President Trump calls for government agencies to ‘look into’ ‘Saturday Night Live’ Sunday 12:18 PM
- How to stream Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez for free Sunday 11:00 AM
- ‘Pet Sematary’ is a bloodless remake of a Stephen King classic Sunday 10:50 AM
- Here’s the Marvel movie order list you didn’t know you needed Sunday 9:59 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on weed? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Billions’ season 4 for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- If you’re not using Vudu, you’re missing out Sunday 6:00 AM
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp Sunday 5:30 AM
- ‘The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley’ tries to get a read on Elizabeth Holmes Saturday 1:57 PM
Gillian Anderson warns you about eating meat in ‘Hannibal’-themed PETA ad
This ad brings a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘meat is murder.’
For its creepy new YouTube spot, PETA copied the final scene of the Hannibal finale, where we saw Bedelia DuMaurier sitting alone at a luxurious dinner table. The main dish is Bedelia’s own leg, wrapped in ti leaves and displayed on a bed of coals and tropical flowers.
“Eating meat,” says Anderson, gazing into the camera. “It’s a matter of taste.”
Well, that’s certainly an original way to convert people to vegetarianism. “Meat is murder,” indeed.
Screengrab via PETA/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.