- What is the Hinge dating app, and how does it work? 1 Year Ago
- ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ is nothing more than a Bill Gates infomercial 1 Year Ago
- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? Today 6:00 AM
- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
The great thing about big conventions like C2E2 is the wide range of cosplay. No character is too obscure, and you wind up seeing some seriously imaginative costume ideas. Like, for example, this person who dressed up as Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins.
On her own, Fake Patty Jenkins basically looks like a random woman holding a clapper board. But when she stands next to a Wonder Woman cosplayer, she’s immediately recognizable. (You know, in case you missed the big “Patty Jenkins” name tag.) Cosplayer Jessi Chartier replicated Jenkins’ distinctive mane of dark hair to complete the costume, and she shot some awesome photos from the convention floor.
The costume earned an enthusiastic endorsement from Jenkins herself, as you might expect.
Given that the only director cosplays we’ve seen before are super-recognizable figures like George Lucas, this really proves how famous Patty Jenkins has become in the past year. Can we expect a Taika Waititi cosplay sometime in the near future?
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor