- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Today 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Today 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Today 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Today 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Today 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Today 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Today 11:33 AM
- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less Today 10:50 AM
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over Today 10:43 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller Today 10:42 AM
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
This cosplayer dressed as Patty Jenkins at C2E2—and Jenkins loved it
The great thing about big conventions like C2E2 is the wide range of cosplay. No character is too obscure, and you wind up seeing some seriously imaginative costume ideas. Like, for example, this person who dressed up as Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins.
On her own, Fake Patty Jenkins basically looks like a random woman holding a clapper board. But when she stands next to a Wonder Woman cosplayer, she’s immediately recognizable. (You know, in case you missed the big “Patty Jenkins” name tag.) Cosplayer Jessi Chartier replicated Jenkins’ distinctive mane of dark hair to complete the costume, and she shot some awesome photos from the convention floor.
— David Chartier (@chartier) April 8, 2018
The costume earned an enthusiastic endorsement from Jenkins herself, as you might expect.
— Patty Jenkins (@PattyJenks) April 8, 2018
Given that the only director cosplays we’ve seen before are super-recognizable figures like George Lucas, this really proves how famous Patty Jenkins has become in the past year. Can we expect a Taika Waititi cosplay sometime in the near future?
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.