- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
The great thing about big conventions like C2E2 is the wide range of cosplay. No character is too obscure, and you wind up seeing some seriously imaginative costume ideas. Like, for example, this person who dressed up as Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins.
On her own, Fake Patty Jenkins basically looks like a random woman holding a clapper board. But when she stands next to a Wonder Woman cosplayer, she’s immediately recognizable. (You know, in case you missed the big “Patty Jenkins” name tag.) Cosplayer Jessi Chartier replicated Jenkins’ distinctive mane of dark hair to complete the costume, and she shot some awesome photos from the convention floor.
The costume earned an enthusiastic endorsement from Jenkins herself, as you might expect.
Given that the only director cosplays we’ve seen before are super-recognizable figures like George Lucas, this really proves how famous Patty Jenkins has become in the past year. Can we expect a Taika Waititi cosplay sometime in the near future?
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor