- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
This cosplayer dressed as Patty Jenkins at C2E2—and Jenkins loved it
The great thing about big conventions like C2E2 is the wide range of cosplay. No character is too obscure, and you wind up seeing some seriously imaginative costume ideas. Like, for example, this person who dressed up as Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins.
On her own, Fake Patty Jenkins basically looks like a random woman holding a clapper board. But when she stands next to a Wonder Woman cosplayer, she’s immediately recognizable. (You know, in case you missed the big “Patty Jenkins” name tag.) Cosplayer Jessi Chartier replicated Jenkins’ distinctive mane of dark hair to complete the costume, and she shot some awesome photos from the convention floor.
— David Chartier (@chartier) April 8, 2018
The costume earned an enthusiastic endorsement from Jenkins herself, as you might expect.
— Patty Jenkins (@PattyJenks) April 8, 2018
Given that the only director cosplays we’ve seen before are super-recognizable figures like George Lucas, this really proves how famous Patty Jenkins has become in the past year. Can we expect a Taika Waititi cosplay sometime in the near future?
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor