- Riots break out after a fake email about coronavirus went viral Thursday 8:59 PM
- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
Oberyn Martell is making these redditors question their sexuality
There are a growing number of men questioning their sexuality because of Oberyn Martell.
Oberyn Martell, the charming Prince of Dorne who’s out for vengeance for his sister’s murder—and is arguably Game of Thrones’s breakout character in its fourth season—is turning into something of a sex symbol. Women want him, and straight men… well, it turns out they want him too.
“Has Oberyn Martell got you questioning your sexuality?” the subreddit description states. “Is there something about him that is too irresistible to ignore, even though you don’t normally feel that way about men?”
When isn’t showing a burning desire for vengeance that surpasses Inigo Montoya, Oberyn has been mostly seen in one of King’s Landing’s many brothels with his paramour, Ellaria Sand.
In the series, Oberyn identifies as bisexual, telling one prostitute that “everyone is missing half the world’s pleasure.” He’s charming and threatening at the same time, and was able to best Tywin Lannister at a game of wits.
“There are two kinds of people, those who haven’t met Oberyn and those who are gay for Oberyn,” SupriyaLimaye, who identified as a woman, wrote in a post.
Those who already identify as gay are already flocking to the subreddit as well.
“I’m already gay, but I’m like extra gay for Oberyn,” Fanzellino wrote. “Like, he holds a special place in my butt heart.”
The subreddit’s passion for Oberyn became uncontrollable after Sunday’s episode, when he volunteered to fight as Tyrion’s champion in a battle-to-the-death with the Gregor Clegane, The Mountain. He offered to put his own life on the line, even if it was in the name of revenge, to save another fan favorite from certain death. Everyone was Tyrion by the end of that scene.
After the next episode, set to air June 1, which sets up an epic fight between the Red Viper and the Mountain, this subreddit will have plenty to drool over and talk about.
Photo via Game of Thrones Wikia
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.