- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play 5 Years Ago
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon 5 Years Ago
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
Oberyn Martell is making these redditors question their sexuality
There are a growing number of men questioning their sexuality because of Oberyn Martell.
Oberyn Martell, the charming Prince of Dorne who’s out for vengeance for his sister’s murder—and is arguably Game of Thrones’s breakout character in its fourth season—is turning into something of a sex symbol. Women want him, and straight men… well, it turns out they want him too.
“Has Oberyn Martell got you questioning your sexuality?” the subreddit description states. “Is there something about him that is too irresistible to ignore, even though you don’t normally feel that way about men?”
When isn’t showing a burning desire for vengeance that surpasses Inigo Montoya, Oberyn has been mostly seen in one of King’s Landing’s many brothels with his paramour, Ellaria Sand.
In the series, Oberyn identifies as bisexual, telling one prostitute that “everyone is missing half the world’s pleasure.” He’s charming and threatening at the same time, and was able to best Tywin Lannister at a game of wits.
“There are two kinds of people, those who haven’t met Oberyn and those who are gay for Oberyn,” SupriyaLimaye, who identified as a woman, wrote in a post.
Those who already identify as gay are already flocking to the subreddit as well.
“I’m already gay, but I’m like extra gay for Oberyn,” Fanzellino wrote. “Like, he holds a special place in my butt heart.”
The subreddit’s passion for Oberyn became uncontrollable after Sunday’s episode, when he volunteered to fight as Tyrion’s champion in a battle-to-the-death with the Gregor Clegane, The Mountain. He offered to put his own life on the line, even if it was in the name of revenge, to save another fan favorite from certain death. Everyone was Tyrion by the end of that scene.
After the next episode, set to air June 1, which sets up an epic fight between the Red Viper and the Mountain, this subreddit will have plenty to drool over and talk about.
Photo via Game of Thrones Wikia
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.