- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators 4 Years Ago
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Today 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Today 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Today 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
The incredible cosplay of New York Comic Con
We’re floored by what people have been able to pull off this year.
Whether they’re doing it for the first time or do it for a living, many of the cosplayers put everything into getting that outfit just right. When they hit the convention floor and play, they can make a huge impression with other cosplayers and attendees. And 10 years in, seeing someone cosplay on the subway, in restaurants, and even Penn Station is still a novelty.
We’re constantly floored by just how far people are willing to push the envelope of creativity. Who else would’ve thought to merge the god of thunder with McDonald’s most iconic mascot?
We’ve scoured the NYCC floor to seek out some great cosplay, and while there’s plenty we’ve missed, these will surely inspire us for the next con on our list.
With Oct. 21, 2015 just on the horizon, Marty McFly turned out to be a more popular cosplay choice than usual. And many of those lucky cosplayers received a bottle of Pepsi Free, the soda that Marty gets in the second Back to the Future film.
Deadpool, another longtime convention favorite, was out in full force this year (and will likely get even bigger when the movie is released next year), with people more than willing to use Wade Wilson’s distinct and wacky personality to cross over between multiple fandoms. Once they meet up, the shenanigans will follow.
Cosplaying is definitely for the whole family, with many wearing matching costumes. There were strong showings from Star Wars, Batman, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Raven from Teen Titans, and we even saw one young boy transform right before our eyes. The joy when you compliment their costumes is infectious.
Here are more of our favorites:
All in a day’s work.
Photo by Michelle Jaworski
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.