- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth 4 Years Ago
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Today 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Today 9:26 AM
- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump officials Today 9:02 AM
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars Today 8:56 AM
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free Today 8:46 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Bolívar’ reduces hero’s tale to irredeemable melodrama Today 8:18 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Spain at the World Cup for free Today 7:55 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free Today 7:40 AM
- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm Today 7:00 AM
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Kmitting social network bans all posts supporting Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
We’re floored by what people have been able to pull off this year.
Whether they’re doing it for the first time or do it for a living, many of the cosplayers put everything into getting that outfit just right. When they hit the convention floor and play, they can make a huge impression with other cosplayers and attendees. And 10 years in, seeing someone cosplay on the subway, in restaurants, and even Penn Station is still a novelty.
We’re constantly floored by just how far people are willing to push the envelope of creativity. Who else would’ve thought to merge the god of thunder with McDonald’s most iconic mascot?
We’ve scoured the NYCC floor to seek out some great cosplay, and while there’s plenty we’ve missed, these will surely inspire us for the next con on our list.
With Oct. 21, 2015 just on the horizon, Marty McFly turned out to be a more popular cosplay choice than usual. And many of those lucky cosplayers received a bottle of Pepsi Free, the soda that Marty gets in the second Back to the Future film.
Deadpool, another longtime convention favorite, was out in full force this year (and will likely get even bigger when the movie is released next year), with people more than willing to use Wade Wilson’s distinct and wacky personality to cross over between multiple fandoms. Once they meet up, the shenanigans will follow.
Cosplaying is definitely for the whole family, with many wearing matching costumes. There were strong showings from Star Wars, Batman, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Raven from Teen Titans, and we even saw one young boy transform right before our eyes. The joy when you compliment their costumes is infectious.
Here are more of our favorites:
All in a day’s work.
Photo by Michelle Jaworski
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.