- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take 2 Years Ago
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Today 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Today 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Today 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Today 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Today 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
Warner Bros. is planning to bring a DC Comics fan favorite to the big screen.
Nightwing, who’s also known as Dick Grayson, was first introduced as a young ward of Bruce Wayne after the murder of his own parents and later became the series’ first Robin. Dick Grayson eventually started to fight crime under the moniker Nightwing as others took up the Robin mantle and he led the Teen Titans. The character is now considered a major sex symbol in comics, in part because of the original design for Nightwing’s costume. The sentiment has endured long after his costume changed.
How Nightwing will tie into the rest of the DC Extended Universe is unclear. Robin’s suit is shown briefly in Batman v Superman with “Hahaha Joke’s On You Batman” written on it, and director Zack Snyder explained that Robin was killed by a younger Joker about 10 years prior to the film. The movie, nor Snyder, doesn’t specify which Robin it is—the backstory is associated with Jason Todd’s Robin—so it’s possible that Dick Grayson is free to run around Gotham. (Five characters have portrayed Robin in the comics including Dick Grayson.)
It’s too early to have a shortlist for casting, but Big Hero 6’s Ryan Potter put up his name for consideration months before the announcement was made. And coincidentally, McKay has already directed Nightwing in The Lego Batman Movie. The Lego version of Nightwing was voiced by Michael Cera
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.