- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Warner Bros. is planning to bring a DC Comics fan favorite to the big screen.
Nightwing, who’s also known as Dick Grayson, was first introduced as a young ward of Bruce Wayne after the murder of his own parents and later became the series’ first Robin. Dick Grayson eventually started to fight crime under the moniker Nightwing as others took up the Robin mantle and he led the Teen Titans. The character is now considered a major sex symbol in comics, in part because of the original design for Nightwing’s costume. The sentiment has endured long after his costume changed.
How Nightwing will tie into the rest of the DC Extended Universe is unclear. Robin’s suit is shown briefly in Batman v Superman with “Hahaha Joke’s On You Batman” written on it, and director Zack Snyder explained that Robin was killed by a younger Joker about 10 years prior to the film. The movie, nor Snyder, doesn’t specify which Robin it is—the backstory is associated with Jason Todd’s Robin—so it’s possible that Dick Grayson is free to run around Gotham. (Five characters have portrayed Robin in the comics including Dick Grayson.)
It’s too early to have a shortlist for casting, but Big Hero 6’s Ryan Potter put up his name for consideration months before the announcement was made. And coincidentally, McKay has already directed Nightwing in The Lego Batman Movie. The Lego version of Nightwing was voiced by Michael Cera
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.