- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
Warner Bros. is planning to bring a DC Comics fan favorite to the big screen.
Nightwing, who’s also known as Dick Grayson, was first introduced as a young ward of Bruce Wayne after the murder of his own parents and later became the series’ first Robin. Dick Grayson eventually started to fight crime under the moniker Nightwing as others took up the Robin mantle and he led the Teen Titans. The character is now considered a major sex symbol in comics, in part because of the original design for Nightwing’s costume. The sentiment has endured long after his costume changed.
How Nightwing will tie into the rest of the DC Extended Universe is unclear. Robin’s suit is shown briefly in Batman v Superman with “Hahaha Joke’s On You Batman” written on it, and director Zack Snyder explained that Robin was killed by a younger Joker about 10 years prior to the film. The movie, nor Snyder, doesn’t specify which Robin it is—the backstory is associated with Jason Todd’s Robin—so it’s possible that Dick Grayson is free to run around Gotham. (Five characters have portrayed Robin in the comics including Dick Grayson.)
It’s too early to have a shortlist for casting, but Big Hero 6’s Ryan Potter put up his name for consideration months before the announcement was made. And coincidentally, McKay has already directed Nightwing in The Lego Batman Movie. The Lego version of Nightwing was voiced by Michael Cera
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.