- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it 3 Years Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation 3 Years Ago
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames 3 Years Ago
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Today 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Today 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Today 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Today 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Today 11:47 AM
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana Today 11:42 AM
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ Today 11:41 AM
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue Today 11:23 AM
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in Today 11:19 AM
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch Today 11:18 AM
- YouTuber David Dobrik says his monthly earnings dipped $273K after ‘adpocalypse’ Today 10:47 AM
Warner Bros. is working on a Nightwing movie
He’s latest DC hero to make the jump to the big screen.
Warner Bros. is planning to bring a DC Comics fan favorite to the big screen.
Nightwing, who’s also known as Dick Grayson, was first introduced as a young ward of Bruce Wayne after the murder of his own parents and later became the series’ first Robin. Dick Grayson eventually started to fight crime under the moniker Nightwing as others took up the Robin mantle and he led the Teen Titans. The character is now considered a major sex symbol in comics, in part because of the original design for Nightwing’s costume. The sentiment has endured long after his costume changed.
How Nightwing will tie into the rest of the DC Extended Universe is unclear. Robin’s suit is shown briefly in Batman v Superman with “Hahaha Joke’s On You Batman” written on it, and director Zack Snyder explained that Robin was killed by a younger Joker about 10 years prior to the film. The movie, nor Snyder, doesn’t specify which Robin it is—the backstory is associated with Jason Todd’s Robin—so it’s possible that Dick Grayson is free to run around Gotham. (Five characters have portrayed Robin in the comics including Dick Grayson.)
It’s too early to have a shortlist for casting, but Big Hero 6’s Ryan Potter put up his name for consideration months before the announcement was made. And coincidentally, McKay has already directed Nightwing in The Lego Batman Movie. The Lego version of Nightwing was voiced by Michael Cera
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.