- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Today 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Today 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Today 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Today 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Today 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Orcs are invading in the first official trailer for ‘Warcraft’ the movie
Yet another challenger steps forth in the battle to make a good video game movie.
After extremely poor-quality video of the Warcraft movie leaked out of San Diego Comic-Con in July, it’s safe to say that lots of Warcraft fans have been waiting to see some proper footage from the movie.
The Warcraft movie is not based on the massively multiplayer game World of Warcraft. It’s actually based on Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, the real-time strategy game released in 1994 that kicked off the Warcraft franchise.
The new trailer shows the Orc race fleeing its homeworld to the world of Azeroth, and how the human empire based in the city of Stormwind reacts to their arrival. Of course war is in the offing: It’s in movie’s title.
Warcraft will be released on June 10, 2016.
Screengrab courtesy of Legendary/YouTube
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.