- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action 5 Years Ago
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Today 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Today 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Today 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Today 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Today 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Today 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Today 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Today 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Today 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
- Brad Pitt confronts his daddy issues in the sci-fi epic ‘Ad Astra’ Today 1:20 PM
See the ‘Star Wars’ and ‘Doctor Who’ goodness on the Her Universe runway
Geek fashion never looked so good.
“We wanted to create products to show that you can be proud of your fandom and show it off in style,” says Her Universe creator Ashley Eckstein, introducing the new Her Universe runway show, which took place as a joint collaboration between the designer, the Nerdist, and Hot Topic. The hottest pieces off the runway included nods to Doctor Who and Star Wars, as well as a host of other geektastic fashion references to delight female nerds of all ages.
The runway also gave us a glimpse of Eckstein’s new Marvel product line, which debuted exclusively on the Daily Dot in June.
You can also view galleries of the fashion looks as well as a few geek couture pieces at the Nerdist and at The Mary Sue. The Dalek and Hobbit wedding gowns scored huge hits, and they look even better coming down the runway:
Photo by Kelsey Edwards Photography
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.