- Riots break out after a fake email about coronavirus went viral Thursday 8:59 PM
- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
Jessica Jones is the tale of a former-superhero-turned-private investigator that stars Krysten Ritter as the title character, Mike Colter as her love interest Luke Cage (who will also be getting his own Netflix series next year), and David Tennant as the villain Kilgrave.
This teaser doesn’t show any footage from the show, but it does give us a hint of a modern noir tone, along with a reference to Jones’s office, Alias Investigations. All 13 episodes of the series will premiere on Netflix on Nov. 20 this year.
Marvel’s partnership with Netflix began in April when with a ten-episode first season of Daredevil. The series met with critical acclaim, and a second season is planned for 2016.
After Jessica Jones, the next Marvel–Netflix show will star Luke Cage, followed by the second season of Daredevil, an Iron Fist series, and a team-up miniseries, Defenders, in which the four New York City superheroes join forces to form the Defenders.
By the way, the song in this teaser video is “Thousand Eyes” by Of Monsters And Men. You now have two and a half months to analyze its lyrics and figure out why it’s an appropriate choice for Jessica Jones.
Screengrab via Marvel Entertainment/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor