- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Wednesday 12:08 PM
- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says Wednesday 11:52 AM
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views Wednesday 11:37 AM
Marvel’s widespread efforts to clamp down on plot details or spoilers getting out before upcoming movies are notorious. For instance, Marvel actors are vague in interviews and “Marvel snipers” supposedly positioned to take out those who say too much are a running joke. (Or are they?) But what happens when the leaks are coming from the inside?
In the case of Mark Ruffalo, who stars in Thor: Ragnarok, it looks to have been a complete accident. He livestreamed parts of the Thor: Ragnarok red carpet premiere in Los Angeles on Tuesday night for his fans on Instagram Stories. That included a moment before the screening where Jeff Goldblum’s character the Grand Master announced the cast on stage, according to the Hollywood Reporter. However, it appeared that Ruffalo forgot to turned off Instagram Stories, because soon after around 2,500 fans were treated to audio of the first several minutes of the movie.
While many fans were overjoyed to get a preview snippet, they knew Ruffalo didn’t mean to actually treat them to the movie. So they struggled with how to tell Ruffalo that he was still streaming while he was watching Thor: Ragnarok.
OMG Mark Ruffalo forgot to turn off his instagram live video at the Thor: Ragnarok premiere and 2000 people are listening in his pocket pic.twitter.com/dyW0ARe973— Hal Rhorer (@halrhorer) October 11, 2017
Mark Ruffalo put his phone on his pocket without closing the Instagram app and is basically doing a live of the movie 😂 pic.twitter.com/2fXTp75JyJ— Bru (@benedictdaily) October 11, 2017
MARK RUFFALO LIVESTREAMED THE AUDIO OF THE 1ST 15 MINUTES OF RAGNAROK ON INSTAGRAM CAUSE HE FORGOT TO TURN HIS PHONE OFF I'M DYING— Kate Cipolla (@CipollaKate) October 11, 2017
He soon realized what was happening—or someone told him he was livestreaming the audio—and showed his face in the dark theater to those watching.
mark ruffalo accidentally staying on instagram live while watching thor just made my day pic.twitter.com/CdLGPsDZKH— caroline reid (@lizzieolses) October 11, 2017
Marvel fans know about the level of security surrounding these movies, so some of them were worried about Ruffalo’s job with Marvel.
honestly mark ruffalo just made my whole week by accidentally staying on live during the thor premiere don’t fire him marvel we need him— mari (@spideyyobrien) October 11, 2017
Y'ALL MARK RUFFALO IS LIVE ON INSTAGRAM WHILST THE FILM IS ON THIS TIME HE'S REALLY GONNA GET FIRED— spookysilver bobbi (@yourbuckytrash) October 11, 2017
Ruffalo is set to appear in Avengers: Infinity Wars, so we hope he just gets off with a warning.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.