- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
Director David Ayer unveiled the first Suicide Squad cast photo on Sunday night, showing nine members of the film’s supervillain team Task Force X. It didn’t take long for more detailed photos to start leaking from behind the scenes.
Harley Quinn and the Joker, undoubtedly the best-known characters in the movie, are sporting new looks that are already raising eyebrows among DC Comics fans. Jared Leto‘s Joker looks like a nu-metal singer from the early 2000s, while Margot Robbie‘s Harley Quinn costume veers toward the Sin City end of the comic-book-movie spectrum.
Margot Robbie fan site Margot Source shared a gallery of photos from the film set, showing the actress wearing spike heels, sequinned shorts, and a t-shirt reading “Daddy’s Lil Monster.” The back of her jacket reads “Property of the Joker.”
At the moment, Harley Quinn looks all too similar to the women from Zack Snyder‘s box-office bomb Sucker Punch. Fans are already divided over whether this is an awesome new revamp of a popular character, or whether Robbie simply wound up wearing an eye-candy outfit.
Harley Quinn looks like an undead cheerleader. Theres such a lack of work done to her. It looks like they only had $50 budget for her outfit
— Alexi™ (@AGreenBurrito) May 3, 2015
Harley Quinn’s outfit looks like a girl who decided to be Harley Quinn a day before Halloween and bought every thing at Hot Topic. Not sure.
— jesús. (@jesusacostx) May 3, 2015
it’s been hours and I’m still bothered by Harley Quinn’s outfit basically being a tshirt and underwear
— Kelly (@kelly_streets) May 4, 2015
If nothing else, Harley Quinn’s new look fits with Jared Leto’s Joker, with both sporting tattoos and a punk-influenced aesthetic.
Along with the new Harley Quinn photos, we got a different look at Will Smith as the assassin Deadshot. He was pictured without his mask in the group photo (presumably because he’s the most famous actor in the cast), but David Ayer also posted a photo of the character in his full costume. Note his collar and gun, which read, “I am the Light — The Way.”
Photo via Eva Rinaldi/Wikimedia (CC BY SA 2.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor