- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder 3 Years Ago
- Twitch star AriLove latest woman to be arbitrarily banned for ‘sexually suggestive’ attire 3 Years Ago
- Report: 5,000 Twitter bots pushed ‘Russiagate hoax’ after Mueller report Today 11:15 AM
- Google Trends show how differently Notre Dame and Sri Lanka are being mourned Today 10:50 AM
- Harvard centrists get relentlessly clowned for asking Bernie about socialism Today 10:38 AM
- Flex your knowledge of dank memes with What Do You Meme? card game Today 10:33 AM
- Facebook’s new general counsel helped craft the ‘Patriot Act’ Today 10:26 AM
- Get a free month of live TV streaming while this Philo deal lasts Today 10:11 AM
- Netflix announces teen lesbian rom-com Today 10:00 AM
- Which direwolves are left in ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 9:24 AM
- 15 Cards Against Humanity expansions that everyone should own Today 9:23 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere brings no spoilers, but plenty of emotion Today 9:03 AM
- Kamala Harris calls on House to begin impeachment proceeding against Trump Today 8:46 AM
- Twitch kills ‘Joy of Sex’ category—and gamers are furious Today 8:19 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts and gadgets for high-tech moms Today 7:30 AM
These new Deadpool and Mulan-inspired gowns are drop-dead gorgeous
There are also new Simplicity Patterns on the way.
Disney fans won’t want to miss the latest pop culture-inspired gown by LoriAnn Gerlisky of LoriAnn Costume Designs. This week she revealed a stunning creation inspired by Mulan complete with a corset and bustle.
The beautiful costume was shared online by Gerlisky on Tuesday. Fans interested in the gown can custom order it through LoriAnn Costume Designs. It’s one of many impressive looks made by Gerlisky. Since we spoke with her in January, she’s continued to produce some amazing pieces with the pop-culture-inspired items catching our eyes once again. In addition to Mulan she also recently created a Lady Deadpool design.
Photo via LoriAnn Gerlisky
Photo via LoriAnn Gerlisky
Gerlisky continues to make new designs for Simplicity Patterns as well. She now has about eight patterns available through Simplicity including video game designs and another Doctor Who-inspired set. The new patterns also feature her first pattern for Simplicity’s accessories section, a hooded scarf. She told the Daily Dot in an email that she ventured out of her comfort zone to create a mermaid pattern for a range of sizes. Three more patterns yet to be revealed will be available for October.
You can see some of her finished and in-progress work from the last few months along with more of her patterns below.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.