- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior 2 Years Ago
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? 2 Years Ago
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Today 2:32 PM
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge Today 2:13 PM
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Today 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Today 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Today 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Today 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Today 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Today 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Today 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone is debating the number of towels you should own Today 10:47 AM
- How to unlock the Fortnite Prisoner stage 4 skin Today 10:45 AM
These new Deadpool and Mulan-inspired gowns are drop-dead gorgeous
There are also new Simplicity Patterns on the way.
Disney fans won’t want to miss the latest pop culture-inspired gown by LoriAnn Gerlisky of LoriAnn Costume Designs. This week she revealed a stunning creation inspired by Mulan complete with a corset and bustle.
The beautiful costume was shared online by Gerlisky on Tuesday. Fans interested in the gown can custom order it through LoriAnn Costume Designs. It’s one of many impressive looks made by Gerlisky. Since we spoke with her in January, she’s continued to produce some amazing pieces with the pop-culture-inspired items catching our eyes once again. In addition to Mulan she also recently created a Lady Deadpool design.
Photo via LoriAnn Gerlisky
Photo via LoriAnn Gerlisky
Gerlisky continues to make new designs for Simplicity Patterns as well. She now has about eight patterns available through Simplicity including video game designs and another Doctor Who-inspired set. The new patterns also feature her first pattern for Simplicity’s accessories section, a hooded scarf. She told the Daily Dot in an email that she ventured out of her comfort zone to create a mermaid pattern for a range of sizes. Three more patterns yet to be revealed will be available for October.
You can see some of her finished and in-progress work from the last few months along with more of her patterns below.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.