- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
These new Deadpool and Mulan-inspired gowns are drop-dead gorgeous
There are also new Simplicity Patterns on the way.
Disney fans won’t want to miss the latest pop culture-inspired gown by LoriAnn Gerlisky of LoriAnn Costume Designs. This week she revealed a stunning creation inspired by Mulan complete with a corset and bustle.
The beautiful costume was shared online by Gerlisky on Tuesday. Fans interested in the gown can custom order it through LoriAnn Costume Designs. It’s one of many impressive looks made by Gerlisky. Since we spoke with her in January, she’s continued to produce some amazing pieces with the pop-culture-inspired items catching our eyes once again. In addition to Mulan she also recently created a Lady Deadpool design.
Photo via LoriAnn Gerlisky
Photo via LoriAnn Gerlisky
Gerlisky continues to make new designs for Simplicity Patterns as well. She now has about eight patterns available through Simplicity including video game designs and another Doctor Who-inspired set. The new patterns also feature her first pattern for Simplicity’s accessories section, a hooded scarf. She told the Daily Dot in an email that she ventured out of her comfort zone to create a mermaid pattern for a range of sizes. Three more patterns yet to be revealed will be available for October.
You can see some of her finished and in-progress work from the last few months along with more of her patterns below.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.