- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Leonard Nimoy’s son launches a Kickstarter for the Spock documentary
The documentary will explore the lives of both Leonard Nimoy and his iconic Star Trek character, Spock.
In March, Leonard Nimoy’s son Adam announced that he would be moving forward with creating a documentary titled For the Love of Spock that he and his father had been working on before the Star Trek actor passed away. Now Nimoy has launched a Kickstarter campaign to help raise the funds necessary to make the film a reality.
The crowdfunding campaign launched on Wednesday and aiming to raise $600,000 for the film. The Nimoys had originally wanted to create a documentary in tribute to the half-human, half-Vulcan in time for the 50th anniversary of The Original Series. With Nimoy’s passing, the documentary will now also celebrate the life and career of the actor behind Spock. This has made the project more personal for his son.
“Although I had initially intended to take a somewhat detached, objective view of the subject matter, more and more people involved in this film have urged me to interject some of my own perspective on what it was like growing up with Mr. Spock in the house, and how Dad’s new-found celebrity and meteoric career affected my life,” he writes on Kickstarter.
Nimoy has an experienced team set to work on the documentary including producer David Zappone of 455 Films and actor Zachary Quinto, who portrays Spock in the reboot films, as narrator. According to the Kickstarter page, funding will let the team continue production, license clips and photos, and more.
Backers will have the opportunity to receive a number of interesting rewards depending on how much they pledge to the campaign, from an Enterprise travel log PDF bundle of Spock collectibles to tickets to film screenings in Los Angeles and New York.
As of Thursday the Kickstarter had already raised more than $84,100 with 27 days left in the campaign.
Photo via For the Love of Spock/Facebook
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.