- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
The first trailer for ‘The Legend of Korra’ just dropped
Nickelodeon released the first trailer for The Legend of Korra‘s third season, but it wasn’t without controversy.
Nickelodeon released the first Legend of Korra trailer for the show’s third season earlier than planned to the delight of fans.
It’ll be difficult to top the end of the second season, which saw Korra’s victory against Vaatu and Unalaq at the loss of her link with her past. But, if the trailer is any indicator, there’s still plenty of action and conflict to come.
The first season mostly stayed in Republic City, the second explored the Water Tribes and the Spirit World, and from the looks of it, we might be going to the Earth Kingdom at least for part the third season. The trailer is more a series of unconnected scenes and flashes than any indicator of a storyline, but for the people who’ve waited more than a year for Season 3, it’s plenty.
And fans of the original Avatar: The Last Airbender series might catch a glimpse of a familiar face we’ve long heard about (but have yet to see.)
But the decision to release the trailer early was not without its fair share of controversy. Just days after Korra co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino confirmed that work on Season 3 was finished, several episodes leaked online. Because it was episodes 3-6, there was also much confusion among the people who saw the episodes out of order.
The leaks, as well as the episodes not being consumed in the order intended, left DiMartino and co-creator Bryan Konietzko frustrated. The chances of a leak increase the longer the episodes sit waiting to be dubbed in different languages, Konietzko explained.
“These episodes take a ton of concerted effort from scores of individuals,” co-creator Konietzko wrote on Tumblr. “We craft these continuous storylines and the animation as best we can, and hope that they are presented in a way that allows everyone to enjoy them to the fullest. But when leaks happen, the work we meticulously prepared for the audience is fumbled unceremoniously.”
There’s no set premiere date for the third season, so until then we’ll be watching this trailer on repeat.
Photo via Nickelodeon/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.