- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
The first trailer for ‘The Legend of Korra’ just dropped
Nickelodeon released the first trailer for The Legend of Korra‘s third season, but it wasn’t without controversy.
Nickelodeon released the first Legend of Korra trailer for the show’s third season earlier than planned to the delight of fans.
It’ll be difficult to top the end of the second season, which saw Korra’s victory against Vaatu and Unalaq at the loss of her link with her past. But, if the trailer is any indicator, there’s still plenty of action and conflict to come.
The first season mostly stayed in Republic City, the second explored the Water Tribes and the Spirit World, and from the looks of it, we might be going to the Earth Kingdom at least for part the third season. The trailer is more a series of unconnected scenes and flashes than any indicator of a storyline, but for the people who’ve waited more than a year for Season 3, it’s plenty.
And fans of the original Avatar: The Last Airbender series might catch a glimpse of a familiar face we’ve long heard about (but have yet to see.)
But the decision to release the trailer early was not without its fair share of controversy. Just days after Korra co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino confirmed that work on Season 3 was finished, several episodes leaked online. Because it was episodes 3-6, there was also much confusion among the people who saw the episodes out of order.
The leaks, as well as the episodes not being consumed in the order intended, left DiMartino and co-creator Bryan Konietzko frustrated. The chances of a leak increase the longer the episodes sit waiting to be dubbed in different languages, Konietzko explained.
“These episodes take a ton of concerted effort from scores of individuals,” co-creator Konietzko wrote on Tumblr. “We craft these continuous storylines and the animation as best we can, and hope that they are presented in a way that allows everyone to enjoy them to the fullest. But when leaks happen, the work we meticulously prepared for the audience is fumbled unceremoniously.”
There’s no set premiere date for the third season, so until then we’ll be watching this trailer on repeat.
Photo via Nickelodeon/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.