- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Monday 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Monday 10:11 AM
Leaked pictures of Stormtrooper helmets are freaking awesome
The images have inspired a new hope for the J.J. Abrams-helmed sequels.
Star Wars fans have their hands clasped in prayer that Episode VII will respect the spirit of the original trilogy. The new Stormtrooper helmets and their awesomeness have given them hope.
A group of Star Wars fans are so enamored with Imperial costumes that they founded a cosplay group called the 501st Legion. If you’ve ever been to a midnight Star Wars movie premiere and seen Biker Scouts and Imperial officers hanging around outside, they were probably members of the 501st in costume.
When the 501st’s Twitter feed declares that we now have images of Stormtrooper helmets from J.J. Abrams’s Star Wars: Episode VII, we can probably afford to suspend disbelief and just feel the joy. These helmets look freaking awesome.
— 501st Legion (@501stLegion) August 15, 2014
Indierevolver.com shared the images online for the first time on Thursday. The first image is clearly for modernized version of a stock-issue Stormtrooper helmet. Consensus seems to be that the second image is an updated Snowtrooper helmet.
The helmet designs jive with the information that website Making Star Wars shared on June 17. They also mesh conceptually with what J.J. Abrams did with with the U.S.S. Enterprise in his Star Trek reboot. The new designs are modernized and slick, and their identities are unmistakable.
Between these images and the picture of Mark Hamill rocking the Jedi beard, this has been a damned good week for Star Wars fans.
H/T Polygon | Illustration by Jason Reed
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.