- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns 5 Years Ago
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives 5 Years Ago
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist 5 Years Ago
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Succession’ but with M&Ms is a pitch-perfect parody Today 11:12 AM
- Logan Paul insists he’s pro-choice after ‘5 abortions’ controversy Today 10:48 AM
- Save your Android from itself: How to delete Android apps Today 10:21 AM
- Meme video of Trump shooting politicians sparks outrage Today 8:53 AM
- Virtual Reality: Sex, marriage, and the future of relationships Today 7:00 AM
Fanartist brings us adorable Snapchats from beyond the ‘Korra’ finale
Korra and Aasami journeyed into the spirit world together, but luckily for us they brought their phones.
The finale of Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon’s beloved follow-up to its equally beloved Avatar: The Last Airbender, had plenty of surprises for fans. But none was bigger than the series’ final moment, when (major spoiler ahead!) heroines Korra and Asami joined hands in a confirmed lesbian relationship and decided to go on a vacation together.
The two new girlfriends, better known to Tumblr’s femslash shippers as Korrasami, decided to visit the Spirit World, home to the spirits of avatars past and present. Fortunately, thanks to Tumblr fanartist beroberos, we don’t have to imagine what kind of fun they got up to on the astral plane.
Beroberos, a.k.a. Veronica, a sophomore at the Rhode Island School of Design, posted to Tumblr an adorable series of imagined Snapchats taken on the duo’s vacation. The photoset instantly went viral, and it’s easy to see why. These two are just delightful, onscreen and off.
They’re even adorable when spirit creatures steal their phones.
And since this is the spirit world, of course Avatar’s General Iroh makes an appearance, complete with tea.
Finally, the best part of all—a chance to see Korra and Asami, who despite having a large fan following were never more than implied to be a couple in the series, get to have some affectionate alone time.
OK, so technically the Korra universe doesn’t have cell phones. But who’s going to be picky when we can imagine selfies like these? Or this cute snuggle-up shot, which we’ll just assume wound up on their phones when they weren’t looking.
If you want even more gorgeous Korrasami fanart and more Avatar/Korra snapchat posts, check out Veronica’s art tag on her Tumblr.
Illustrations courtesy of beroberos/Tumblr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.