- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else 5 Years Ago
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
Fanartist brings us adorable Snapchats from beyond the ‘Korra’ finale
Korra and Aasami journeyed into the spirit world together, but luckily for us they brought their phones.
The finale of Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon’s beloved follow-up to its equally beloved Avatar: The Last Airbender, had plenty of surprises for fans. But none was bigger than the series’ final moment, when (major spoiler ahead!) heroines Korra and Asami joined hands in a confirmed lesbian relationship and decided to go on a vacation together.
The two new girlfriends, better known to Tumblr’s femslash shippers as Korrasami, decided to visit the Spirit World, home to the spirits of avatars past and present. Fortunately, thanks to Tumblr fanartist beroberos, we don’t have to imagine what kind of fun they got up to on the astral plane.
Beroberos, a.k.a. Veronica, a sophomore at the Rhode Island School of Design, posted to Tumblr an adorable series of imagined Snapchats taken on the duo’s vacation. The photoset instantly went viral, and it’s easy to see why. These two are just delightful, onscreen and off.
They’re even adorable when spirit creatures steal their phones.
And since this is the spirit world, of course Avatar’s General Iroh makes an appearance, complete with tea.
Finally, the best part of all—a chance to see Korra and Asami, who despite having a large fan following were never more than implied to be a couple in the series, get to have some affectionate alone time.
OK, so technically the Korra universe doesn’t have cell phones. But who’s going to be picky when we can imagine selfies like these? Or this cute snuggle-up shot, which we’ll just assume wound up on their phones when they weren’t looking.
If you want even more gorgeous Korrasami fanart and more Avatar/Korra snapchat posts, check out Veronica’s art tag on her Tumblr.
Illustrations courtesy of beroberos/Tumblr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.