- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
From cake to Jell-O shots, here’s your gameplan.
The new film has inspired quite a few fans to come up with unique things you can make for that Jurassic movie marathon party you plan to throw or for enjoying once you see the latest addition to the franchise. Here are four delicious dinosaur recipes to celebrate Jurassic World.
Here is a simple way to add a dinosaur theme to your favorite cookies. All you need is the free stencil available on MyRecipes.com, a way to trace the design, and icing. This way you can add some dino-spirit to any type of cookie you want.
Dinosaur Fossil Cake
For something a little more complicated, you can try your hand at this fossil dinosaur cake by Cookies, Cupcakes, and Cardio. It starts with cake and icing that’s already made, but there’s no need to hunt down your own recipes for those if you don’t want to. You can use its recipes for chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream, and find the logo for creating your fake fossil on the website. From there all you need are chocolate rocks, melted white chocolate in a piping bag, and a graham cracker and oreo crumb mixture to act as dirt. Once you have everything, follow the instructions in the video description—a delicious dino dessert is on the way.
Dinosaur Fossil Jell-O Shots
If you want to add some alcohol into the mix, these Jell-O shots are perfect for you. Inspired by the insects trapped in amber from the original Jurassic Park, this recipe will teach you how to make gummy dinosaurs trapped in Jell-O shots. The video walks you through the process of creating the “amber” to pour over the store-bought gummy dinos. All of the ingredients and instructions can be found on SheKnows.com.
Dinosaur Cookie Decorations
If you want more than just a dinosaur fossil pattern on your cookies, try these designs by SweetAmbsCookies. The video above demonstrates how you can create dinosaur footprint and skin patterns. While the skin pattern is more complicated, everything you’ll need is listed in the video’s description and the video walks you through exactly what to do to make these unique treats.
Screengrab via Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.