- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
‘Jurassic World’ fans are obsessed with Chris Pratt’s raptor squad
Jurassic World is literally going to be a movie about Chris Pratt and his flock of raptor pals.
While it’s practically impossible to select a “best moment” from the dinosaur-packed nostalgia-fest that is the Jurassic World trailer, Chris Pratt on a motorbike is a strong contender. To be precise, Chris Pratt on a motorbike, surrounded by his flock of raptor pals.
— gabriel (@zGabez) November 26, 2014
Even if Jurassic World turns out to be a terrible movie, it has given the world a truly wonderful gift: Chris Pratt, Raptor Trainer.
The trailer definitely lends credence to reports that his character is a dinosaur trainer, and that Jurassic World will introduce the idea of trained “good guy” dinosaurs including raptors and possibly even a T-Rex.
Play the scene of Chris Pratt riding a motorcycle with his Raptor Squad at my funeral
— Ian Brooks (@ZombieIanBrooks) November 26, 2014
Since we still know next to nothing about Pratt’s character, Owen, it looks like most people are imagining a cross between Andy Dwyer from Parks & Rec and Peter Quill from Guardians of the Galaxy. Except, you know, surrounded by raptor buddies that he treats like a pack of pet dogs.
It helps that Guardians of the Galaxy led to tons of Star-Lord figurines, which basically just look like Pratt in a long coat once you remove the helmet. Combine that with some old Jurassic Park dinosaur toys, and you already have the makings of a photoshoot. How long before we get a stop-motion fan film about Pratt and the Raptor Squad? Jurassic World doesn’t come out until May 2015, so there’s definitely time for someone to make one.
Just for the record, the trailer came out last week. If two seconds of Raptor Squad footage is enough to inspire this many fans, just imagine what the actual movie will bring.
Photo by corneliuscz/photopin (CC by ND 2.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor