- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
‘Jurassic World’ fans are obsessed with Chris Pratt’s raptor squad
Jurassic World is literally going to be a movie about Chris Pratt and his flock of raptor pals.
While it’s practically impossible to select a “best moment” from the dinosaur-packed nostalgia-fest that is the Jurassic World trailer, Chris Pratt on a motorbike is a strong contender. To be precise, Chris Pratt on a motorbike, surrounded by his flock of raptor pals.
— gabriel (@zGabez) November 26, 2014
Even if Jurassic World turns out to be a terrible movie, it has given the world a truly wonderful gift: Chris Pratt, Raptor Trainer.
The trailer definitely lends credence to reports that his character is a dinosaur trainer, and that Jurassic World will introduce the idea of trained “good guy” dinosaurs including raptors and possibly even a T-Rex.
Play the scene of Chris Pratt riding a motorcycle with his Raptor Squad at my funeral
— Ian Brooks (@ZombieIanBrooks) November 26, 2014
Since we still know next to nothing about Pratt’s character, Owen, it looks like most people are imagining a cross between Andy Dwyer from Parks & Rec and Peter Quill from Guardians of the Galaxy. Except, you know, surrounded by raptor buddies that he treats like a pack of pet dogs.
It helps that Guardians of the Galaxy led to tons of Star-Lord figurines, which basically just look like Pratt in a long coat once you remove the helmet. Combine that with some old Jurassic Park dinosaur toys, and you already have the makings of a photoshoot. How long before we get a stop-motion fan film about Pratt and the Raptor Squad? Jurassic World doesn’t come out until May 2015, so there’s definitely time for someone to make one.
Just for the record, the trailer came out last week. If two seconds of Raptor Squad footage is enough to inspire this many fans, just imagine what the actual movie will bring.
Photo by corneliuscz/photopin (CC by ND 2.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor