- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free 4 Years Ago
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Today 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Today 5:30 AM
- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
‘Jurassic World’ fans are obsessed with Chris Pratt’s raptor squad
Jurassic World is literally going to be a movie about Chris Pratt and his flock of raptor pals.
While it’s practically impossible to select a “best moment” from the dinosaur-packed nostalgia-fest that is the Jurassic World trailer, Chris Pratt on a motorbike is a strong contender. To be precise, Chris Pratt on a motorbike, surrounded by his flock of raptor pals.
— gabriel (@zGabez) November 26, 2014
Even if Jurassic World turns out to be a terrible movie, it has given the world a truly wonderful gift: Chris Pratt, Raptor Trainer.
The trailer definitely lends credence to reports that his character is a dinosaur trainer, and that Jurassic World will introduce the idea of trained “good guy” dinosaurs including raptors and possibly even a T-Rex.
Play the scene of Chris Pratt riding a motorcycle with his Raptor Squad at my funeral
— Ian Brooks (@ZombieIanBrooks) November 26, 2014
Since we still know next to nothing about Pratt’s character, Owen, it looks like most people are imagining a cross between Andy Dwyer from Parks & Rec and Peter Quill from Guardians of the Galaxy. Except, you know, surrounded by raptor buddies that he treats like a pack of pet dogs.
It helps that Guardians of the Galaxy led to tons of Star-Lord figurines, which basically just look like Pratt in a long coat once you remove the helmet. Combine that with some old Jurassic Park dinosaur toys, and you already have the makings of a photoshoot. How long before we get a stop-motion fan film about Pratt and the Raptor Squad? Jurassic World doesn’t come out until May 2015, so there’s definitely time for someone to make one.
Just for the record, the trailer came out last week. If two seconds of Raptor Squad footage is enough to inspire this many fans, just imagine what the actual movie will bring.
Photo by corneliuscz/photopin (CC by ND 2.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.