- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Thursday 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Thursday 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Thursday 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Thursday 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Thursday 11:55 AM
‘Jurassic World’ fans are obsessed with Chris Pratt’s raptor squad
Jurassic World is literally going to be a movie about Chris Pratt and his flock of raptor pals.
While it’s practically impossible to select a “best moment” from the dinosaur-packed nostalgia-fest that is the Jurassic World trailer, Chris Pratt on a motorbike is a strong contender. To be precise, Chris Pratt on a motorbike, surrounded by his flock of raptor pals.
— gabriel (@zGabez) November 26, 2014
Even if Jurassic World turns out to be a terrible movie, it has given the world a truly wonderful gift: Chris Pratt, Raptor Trainer.
The trailer definitely lends credence to reports that his character is a dinosaur trainer, and that Jurassic World will introduce the idea of trained “good guy” dinosaurs including raptors and possibly even a T-Rex.
Play the scene of Chris Pratt riding a motorcycle with his Raptor Squad at my funeral
— Ian Brooks (@ZombieIanBrooks) November 26, 2014
Since we still know next to nothing about Pratt’s character, Owen, it looks like most people are imagining a cross between Andy Dwyer from Parks & Rec and Peter Quill from Guardians of the Galaxy. Except, you know, surrounded by raptor buddies that he treats like a pack of pet dogs.
It helps that Guardians of the Galaxy led to tons of Star-Lord figurines, which basically just look like Pratt in a long coat once you remove the helmet. Combine that with some old Jurassic Park dinosaur toys, and you already have the makings of a photoshoot. How long before we get a stop-motion fan film about Pratt and the Raptor Squad? Jurassic World doesn’t come out until May 2015, so there’s definitely time for someone to make one.
Just for the record, the trailer came out last week. If two seconds of Raptor Squad footage is enough to inspire this many fans, just imagine what the actual movie will bring.
Photo by corneliuscz/photopin (CC by ND 2.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor