- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
Whedon will write the next arc of the Buffy sequel comics, still going strong after four “seasons.” The comics continued the show’s story with Season 8 in 2007, written by Whedon and other Buffy alumni like Jane Espensen and Drew Goddard. Whedon left the series in 2011 to direct The Avengers, and it kept on without him. Season 11 arrived in 2016 and 2017, and Whedon will rejoin the comic for season 12.
One of season 12’s promo images shows Buffy holding a baby. Could it be hers, or is she just babysitting for Xander and Dawn, who are now officially a couple?
The upcoming story is co-written by Whedon and Christos Gage (another longtime Buffy writer), with artist Georges Jeanty. The familiar Scooby Gang cast are still in action, joined by non-TV characters like the distant-future slayer Melaka Fray. The latest villain is a vampire named Harth, another time-traveling character from the future.
Titled The Reckoning, this storyline will tie into the Angel & Faith comics, with roles for Angel, Faith, Illyria, and the villainous law firm Wolfram and Hart. Published by Dark Horse Comics, season 12 begins in June. It will be the last season, allowing Whedon to wrap up the story a full 26 years after the original movie came out.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor