- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees 1 Year Ago
- House Democrats net neutrality strategy shifts month after passing major bill 1 Year Ago
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Today 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Today 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Today 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Today 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Today 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Today 10:36 AM
- Nearly half of Juul’s Twitter followers can’t legally buy the product, study says Today 10:26 AM
- New Facebook Messenger scam tricks people into thinking they donated to ISIS Today 10:26 AM
- Film meme mocks ‘brilliant’ Daenerys shot in ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 10:13 AM
- YouTube love triangle: ProJared’s mistress Commander Holly makes startling accusations Today 10:05 AM
- Middle schoolers investigated for allegedly serving semen crepes to teachers Today 10:04 AM
- Memelord from Reddit’s r/The_Donald joins Trump onstage at rally Today 9:23 AM
- Read the wild list of demands Trump’s possible new immigration czar had Today 8:48 AM
Whedon will write the next arc of the Buffy sequel comics, still going strong after four “seasons.” The comics continued the show’s story with Season 8 in 2007, written by Whedon and other Buffy alumni like Jane Espensen and Drew Goddard. Whedon left the series in 2011 to direct The Avengers, and it kept on without him. Season 11 arrived in 2016 and 2017, and Whedon will rejoin the comic for season 12.
One of season 12’s promo images shows Buffy holding a baby. Could it be hers, or is she just babysitting for Xander and Dawn, who are now officially a couple?
The upcoming story is co-written by Whedon and Christos Gage (another longtime Buffy writer), with artist Georges Jeanty. The familiar Scooby Gang cast are still in action, joined by non-TV characters like the distant-future slayer Melaka Fray. The latest villain is a vampire named Harth, another time-traveling character from the future.
Titled The Reckoning, this storyline will tie into the Angel & Faith comics, with roles for Angel, Faith, Illyria, and the villainous law firm Wolfram and Hart. Published by Dark Horse Comics, season 12 begins in June. It will be the last season, allowing Whedon to wrap up the story a full 26 years after the original movie came out.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor