- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
Whedon will write the next arc of the Buffy sequel comics, still going strong after four “seasons.” The comics continued the show’s story with Season 8 in 2007, written by Whedon and other Buffy alumni like Jane Espensen and Drew Goddard. Whedon left the series in 2011 to direct The Avengers, and it kept on without him. Season 11 arrived in 2016 and 2017, and Whedon will rejoin the comic for season 12.
One of season 12’s promo images shows Buffy holding a baby. Could it be hers, or is she just babysitting for Xander and Dawn, who are now officially a couple?
The upcoming story is co-written by Whedon and Christos Gage (another longtime Buffy writer), with artist Georges Jeanty. The familiar Scooby Gang cast are still in action, joined by non-TV characters like the distant-future slayer Melaka Fray. The latest villain is a vampire named Harth, another time-traveling character from the future.
Titled The Reckoning, this storyline will tie into the Angel & Faith comics, with roles for Angel, Faith, Illyria, and the villainous law firm Wolfram and Hart. Published by Dark Horse Comics, season 12 begins in June. It will be the last season, allowing Whedon to wrap up the story a full 26 years after the original movie came out.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor