- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Hot Topic’s ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’ fashion line is sexy and scary
Add a touch of the undead to your lingerie.
If you always thought zombies could be a bit romantic, then the latest pop culture fashion line from Hot Topic is just what you need in time for Valentine’s Day. In partnership with Sony Pictures, Hot Topic recently released a lingerie collection inspired by the upcoming film Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
Six of the seven pieces in the collection are lingerie, including a high-waisted ruffle panty with a zombie cameo print and a lace-up corset with a zombie-inspired toile pattern. The seventh item is a lace-up sweetheart dress. Hot Topic said in a statement that its designs offer “a modern take on the Regency-era fashion featured in the film translated into lingerie evoking romanticism and one’s inner zombie slayer.”
It’s definitely an interesting combination, and it works surprisingly well, especially with respect to the combination of zombie imagery and movie logo details on each piece. The prices are also pretty reasonable, ranging from $19.50 to $59.50, so you don’t have to spend too much for a single piece if you don’t want to.
The line is available now exclusively at select Hot Topic stores and on the Hot Topic website.
Photo via Hot Topic
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.