- Seed University might actually be the first good influencer school Tuesday 9:35 PM
- Black couple says they were accused of stealing during marriage proposal Tuesday 6:57 PM
- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony Tuesday 6:00 PM
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Tuesday 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Tuesday 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Tuesday 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Tuesday 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Tuesday 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Tuesday 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Tuesday 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Tuesday 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Tuesday 12:41 PM
Voting will remain open until Aug. 11.
For the last two years, the Her Universe Fashion Show at San Diego Comic-Con has chosen two winners from its pool of talent to design a collection with the geek girl fashion retailer’s founder Ashley Eckstein for Hot Topic. One is chosen by a panel of judges and one by the audience in attendance.
For the third annual fashion show, however, that has changed, and now, you can help select a winner.
This year, a third winner will be chosen to join judges’ winner Hannah Kent who designed a Mad Max: Fury Road Imperator Furiosa dress and audience winner Camille Falciola who designed a Harry Potter Marauder’s Map dress.
The designer will be chosen as the Comic-Con HQ winner through an online vote. Subscription on-demand video service Comic-Con HQ aired a reality show, The Her Universe Fashion Show: Fashion Meets Fandom, this year that went behind-the-scenes of the fashion show and aired the Comic-Con event on July 28 as the season finale. The same day voting opened for the third winner online.
You don’t have to watch the episode to vote, though. Voting is open to anyone, and the process is simple. The voting page shows each of the 25 remaining designers, their sketch, the model who wore the design at Comic-Con, the design’s title, and what inspired it. You can easily click on a box to choose it and then just fill out two fields at the bottom of the page to submit your vote.
With another designer in the mix, it will be interesting to see what the third collection created by the fashion show winners will be like.
The vote ends Aug. 11.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.