- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Saturday 8:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Saturday 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch the Cure Bowl online for free Saturday 7:05 AM
- How to watch Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Politicians who inspired the internet in 2018 Saturday 6:30 AM
Voting will remain open until Aug. 11.
For the last two years, the Her Universe Fashion Show at San Diego Comic-Con has chosen two winners from its pool of talent to design a collection with the geek girl fashion retailer’s founder Ashley Eckstein for Hot Topic. One is chosen by a panel of judges and one by the audience in attendance.
For the third annual fashion show, however, that has changed, and now, you can help select a winner.
This year, a third winner will be chosen to join judges’ winner Hannah Kent who designed a Mad Max: Fury Road Imperator Furiosa dress and audience winner Camille Falciola who designed a Harry Potter Marauder’s Map dress.
The designer will be chosen as the Comic-Con HQ winner through an online vote. Subscription on-demand video service Comic-Con HQ aired a reality show, The Her Universe Fashion Show: Fashion Meets Fandom, this year that went behind-the-scenes of the fashion show and aired the Comic-Con event on July 28 as the season finale. The same day voting opened for the third winner online.
You don’t have to watch the episode to vote, though. Voting is open to anyone, and the process is simple. The voting page shows each of the 25 remaining designers, their sketch, the model who wore the design at Comic-Con, the design’s title, and what inspired it. You can easily click on a box to choose it and then just fill out two fields at the bottom of the page to submit your vote.
With another designer in the mix, it will be interesting to see what the third collection created by the fashion show winners will be like.
The vote ends Aug. 11.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.