- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says 3 Years Ago
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show 3 Years Ago
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Today 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Today 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Today 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Today 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Today 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Today 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Today 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Today 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Today 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Today 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Today 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Today 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Today 10:44 AM
For the last two years, the Her Universe Fashion Show at San Diego Comic-Con has chosen two winners from its pool of talent to design a collection with the geek girl fashion retailer’s founder Ashley Eckstein for Hot Topic. One is chosen by a panel of judges and one by the audience in attendance.
For the third annual fashion show, however, that has changed, and now, you can help select a winner.
This year, a third winner will be chosen to join judges’ winner Hannah Kent who designed a Mad Max: Fury Road Imperator Furiosa dress and audience winner Camille Falciola who designed a Harry Potter Marauder’s Map dress.
The designer will be chosen as the Comic-Con HQ winner through an online vote. Subscription on-demand video service Comic-Con HQ aired a reality show, The Her Universe Fashion Show: Fashion Meets Fandom, this year that went behind-the-scenes of the fashion show and aired the Comic-Con event on July 28 as the season finale. The same day voting opened for the third winner online.
You don’t have to watch the episode to vote, though. Voting is open to anyone, and the process is simple. The voting page shows each of the 25 remaining designers, their sketch, the model who wore the design at Comic-Con, the design’s title, and what inspired it. You can easily click on a box to choose it and then just fill out two fields at the bottom of the page to submit your vote.
With another designer in the mix, it will be interesting to see what the third collection created by the fashion show winners will be like.
The vote ends Aug. 11.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.