- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
For the last two years, the Her Universe Fashion Show at San Diego Comic-Con has chosen two winners from its pool of talent to design a collection with the geek girl fashion retailer’s founder Ashley Eckstein for Hot Topic. One is chosen by a panel of judges and one by the audience in attendance.
For the third annual fashion show, however, that has changed, and now, you can help select a winner.
This year, a third winner will be chosen to join judges’ winner Hannah Kent who designed a Mad Max: Fury Road Imperator Furiosa dress and audience winner Camille Falciola who designed a Harry Potter Marauder’s Map dress.
The designer will be chosen as the Comic-Con HQ winner through an online vote. Subscription on-demand video service Comic-Con HQ aired a reality show, The Her Universe Fashion Show: Fashion Meets Fandom, this year that went behind-the-scenes of the fashion show and aired the Comic-Con event on July 28 as the season finale. The same day voting opened for the third winner online.
You don’t have to watch the episode to vote, though. Voting is open to anyone, and the process is simple. The voting page shows each of the 25 remaining designers, their sketch, the model who wore the design at Comic-Con, the design’s title, and what inspired it. You can easily click on a box to choose it and then just fill out two fields at the bottom of the page to submit your vote.
With another designer in the mix, it will be interesting to see what the third collection created by the fashion show winners will be like.
The vote ends Aug. 11.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.