- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
Voting will remain open until Aug. 11.
For the last two years, the Her Universe Fashion Show at San Diego Comic-Con has chosen two winners from its pool of talent to design a collection with the geek girl fashion retailer’s founder Ashley Eckstein for Hot Topic. One is chosen by a panel of judges and one by the audience in attendance.
For the third annual fashion show, however, that has changed, and now, you can help select a winner.
This year, a third winner will be chosen to join judges’ winner Hannah Kent who designed a Mad Max: Fury Road Imperator Furiosa dress and audience winner Camille Falciola who designed a Harry Potter Marauder’s Map dress.
The designer will be chosen as the Comic-Con HQ winner through an online vote. Subscription on-demand video service Comic-Con HQ aired a reality show, The Her Universe Fashion Show: Fashion Meets Fandom, this year that went behind-the-scenes of the fashion show and aired the Comic-Con event on July 28 as the season finale. The same day voting opened for the third winner online.
You don’t have to watch the episode to vote, though. Voting is open to anyone, and the process is simple. The voting page shows each of the 25 remaining designers, their sketch, the model who wore the design at Comic-Con, the design’s title, and what inspired it. You can easily click on a box to choose it and then just fill out two fields at the bottom of the page to submit your vote.
With another designer in the mix, it will be interesting to see what the third collection created by the fashion show winners will be like.
The vote ends Aug. 11.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.