- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
The Venezuela Tattoo Expo made quite a splash in Caracas, Venezuela, over the weekend, as some of the world’s most dedicated body modification enthusiasts turned up to display their often beautiful, often eerie human transformations.
The star of the convention was undoubtedly a Venezuelan dad named Henry Damon, who recently sliced off part of his own nose in order to attain the aesthetic he’s always wanted: that of Marvel‘s resurrected vintage supervillain Red Skull.
According to the Daily Mail, Damon had already implanted forehead and skull protrusions and gotten his eyeballs tattooed black before contacting a body modification surgeon to do the nose job. And he’s still not done: after this he’ll have more surgical implants to give him the complete look.
Pretty impressive, right? Or it is until you recall that the original Red Skull is this a dedicated Nazi and founder of Hydra, Marvel’s evil underground organization, an actual hive of villainy that’s been the bane of Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. for decades.
Red Skull himself memorably faced off against Captain America. In the screencap above he’s being portrayed by Hugo Weaving and at least a pound of makeup.
But why let a little thing like fascism stand in the way of a great body modification job?
You can see more gorgeous photos of the other attendees to the tattoo con at the New York Post. The Daily Mail has more photos of Damon, who prefers to go by “Red Skull” these days, as does the Metro. Fair warning: the Metro also includes a photo of Damon holding the other half of his own nose shortly after its removal.
Then again, as we all know, faint heart never won fair lady—nor a faint snout the attention of the Internet.
Photo via Bob’s Blitz
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.