- Google CEO tells Congress why searching ‘idiot’ results in Trump images Tuesday 3:52 PM
- Netflix’s year-end data dump shows what people binged in 2018 Tuesday 3:13 PM
- Snowden joins calls for Google to end controversial Chinese search engine Tuesday 1:51 PM
- There’s still time for Congress to reinstate net neutrality Tuesday 1:24 PM
- George R.R. Martin promises fans he’ll finish ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ … someday Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The Boss tears down his myths on Netflix’s ‘Springsteen on Broadway’ Tuesday 10:56 AM
- Vlogger banned from Twitter for disturbing pro-pedophilia posts Tuesday 10:45 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is Nintendo’s greatest labor of love Tuesday 10:44 AM
- Miranda Sings creator Colleen Ballinger gives birth to baby boy Tuesday 10:26 AM
- Columbia University student goes on white supremacy rant in viral video Tuesday 9:58 AM
- PewDiePie promotes YouTube account that features anti-Semitism, Nazi imagery Tuesday 9:20 AM
- FCC investigates major wireless carrier for lying about coverage Tuesday 8:40 AM
- Get this best-selling pressure cooker for half off, today only Tuesday 8:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compares her victory at 28 to Paul Ryan’s—and calls out a double standard Tuesday 8:22 AM
- If you’ve always lusted after a KitchenAid mixer, it’s over $80 off today Tuesday 8:00 AM
Marseille stood no chance against Goku-inspired Paris Saint-Germain.
Paris Saint-Germain vs. Marseille is one of the most anticipated soccer games on the French calendar as the country’s North and South duel it out for the French title. This year, PSG fans went all out and brought a massive Goku from to inspire their team to victory—and the internet can’t seem to get enough.
— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) February 25, 2018
— Jay Sichler (@JaySichler) February 25, 2018
PSG's tifo was 🔥 pic.twitter.com/ikd84uHioK
— B/R Football (@brfootball) February 26, 2018
The Dragon Ball franchise character was chosen to represent the team because PSG is going for its seventh title, and there are seven Dragon Balls scattered around the universe. Fans commemorated MSG’s previous six wins with Dragon Ball banners featuring the years of those victories
The match was played on Paris Saint-Germain’s home turf and, ultimately, the team beat out Marseille 3-0. It seems like Marseille was no match for PSG’s home-field advantage, especially not with an extra power-up from Goku.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.