- Here’s the best ‘Game of Thrones’ fanfiction 2 Years Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
Early rumors seem even more likely now.
Late last year, rumors started to circulate that GameCube games might be making their way to the Nintendo Switch through Nintendo’s digital shop. Nintendo offered no details on the console’s eShop offerings at its Switch press event in January, but a recent interview with the company’s deputy general manager Yoshiaki Koizumi may have revealed some new updates.
Speaking to the French publication Melty, Koizumi was questioned about GameCube games available on the Switch and said the following:
“We can not really answer with precision [about GameCube games coming to the Switch] because we have not announced anything about it at this time…what I can tell you is that we are working on things that go in that direction.”
While certainly not an official confirmation, these comments hint that Nintendo has yet to reveal all the details about the Switch prior to launch. It is possible that the announcement of virtual console games might be held of until after the system is available, or during E3.
The Nintendo Switch launches worldwide on March 3. For more, check out recent hands-on impressions from PAX South.
AJ Moser is a Brooklyn-based reporter who focuses on video games, movies, and internet culture. His work has appeared in Paste Magazine, Game Informer, and Big Spaceship.