- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde 9 Months Ago
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
Hold everything: the first teaser for Game of Thrones season 8 just dropped. Fans will have to wait until April 2019 to watch it, but HBO left a lot of juicy clues as to what we can expect in the series’ conclusion.
The trailer depicts a map of Westeros viewers saw often in season 7 as Daenerys Targaryen planned her various political maneuvers and battles to seize control of the region. Frost, symbolizing the growing threat of the White Walkers from the north, bears down on the continent, overtaking statues of a wolf—the symbol for House Stark—and a dragon, which we can assume represents House Targaryen.
Fire blazes from the south, engulfing a lion—aka House Lannister—before clashing with the encroaching frost and forming a ridge of dark rock (dragon glass maybe; the only weakness of the zombie-esque White Walkers?). There are already plenty of theories for what it all means, with some claiming that where the fire and ice meet indicates where the series’ epic last battle will begin, or that the order of family crests being consumed reflects who will come out victorious against whom.
something of note in that GAME OF THRONES promo... the fire and ice converge and create a new wall. at the trident. pic.twitter.com/Y768BOVjWi— lindsey romaine lettuce recall (@lindseyromain) December 6, 2018
starks and targaryens die from white walkers, lannisters die by targaryens. welcome to game of thrones pic.twitter.com/taofwhG8OX— osha (@oshawildling) December 6, 2018
● It looks like there is a dragon glass wall being made at the Neck— ً (@PO5IT1VE) December 6, 2018
● Cersei is going Mad
● Wildfire involved
● There will be a fight at the Neck.
● Wolf and Dragon froze but the Lion burned.. what does this mean?
Tease me harder @GameOfThrones #GoTS8 https://t.co/BLX6Su755A
Other fans were too busy freaking out to have time for theorizing.
ITS HAPPENING pic.twitter.com/ettFLycvsY— famous woots (@spookyruth) December 6, 2018
I'm trying to analyse this for hints but I'm just getting more and more hype. Roll on season 8. pic.twitter.com/1MpQdq2wiM— Lilly (@Lillyg610) December 6, 2018
The short teaser trailer will surely continue to be dissected over and over until Game of Thrones’ rabid fanbase gets more crumbs of information. But whatever’s going on in, Game of Thrones season 8 promises to be an epic final showdown.
H/T BuzzFeed News
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.