- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
The best way to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ is on an Iron Throne made of 200 dildos
You know nothing of sex toy furniture, Jon Snow.
When Aegon the Conqueror, founder of the Targaryen dynasty, used his dragons to take over Westeros, he made all of the lords who swore their loyalty to him hand over their swords. Aegon took those weapons and forged them into the Iron Throne, the seat from which the king of Westeros has ruled for generations, even after Jamie Lannister ended the Targaryens’ reign by slaying the Mad King.
The throne’s creation was a power move. Its existence is a constant reminder that any nobles who get ideas in their heads about taking on the ruling regime in King’s Landing may find themselves dead. In the world of George R. R. Martin, that’s far from an idle threat.
What it means when someone makes a replica of the Iron Throne replacing the swords with big, black dildos is a little less clear.
As a way to promote its new line of medieval-themed sex toys called, of course, Game of Bones, U.K.-based bondage supply company Bondara recreated the Iron Throne with about 200 dildos in 24 hours and then offered the chair up as the grand prize in a social media competition.
Just think: You could have your very own Rubber Throne, as the company calls it. It would be the perfect seat for the show’s new season. Or, if you’re making you own Breaking Bad fan film, the chair would be a pretty awesome place for Walter White to sit while running a destructive, amoral meth empire. Just saying.
Check out this video showing the throne’s construction. (Warning: Video contains 200 dildos.)
Aaron Sankin is a former Senior Staff Writer at the Daily Dot who covered the intersection of politics, technology, online privacy, Twitter bots, and the role of dank memes in popular culture. He lives in Seattle, Washington. He joined the Center for Investigative Reporting in 2016.