- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
‘Game of Thrones’–’Neverending Story’ mashup brings those dragon-riding jokes to life
Falkor is real.
In the final minutes of “The Dance of Dragons,” Daenerys Targaryen barely escapes with her life after the Sons of the Harpy stage a revolt. As she flies away on the back of her teenage dragon Drogon, the scene looks almost exactly how we imagined it when reading A Dance With Dragons. There’s just one difference: the HBO show’s flight with Drogon looked like something straight out of The Neverending Story.
Fans were thrilled to see the moment play out on screen, but as they instantly took to Twitter to make the inevitable comparison, they saw that they weren’t alone. In fact, plenty of fans saw the connection between Daenerys’ first flight and Atreyu riding Falkor. While danger preceded the queen’s flight, the connection is still valid. And now, thanks to the Internet, there’s a video to prove it.
Like many Game of Thrones fans, we were quick to see the connection between Dany and Atreyu’s dragon rides. While we weren’t the first to make a mashup, our take on her great escape is in HD. Take a look below.
So, does this mean that Jorah is slowly turning into the Rockbiter?
Screengrab via GameofThrones/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.