- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now 5 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
‘Frozen Is the New Black’ gets both your summer mashups in one
No one takes a photo like Gaston.
Elsa might have saved the day in Frozen, but even queens have to serve their time.
It’s been six months since the Queen of Arendelle accidentally brought eternal winter to her kingdom, and now she’s paying for it in a minimum-security prison for Disney princesses, in a spot-on mashup with Orange Is the New Black from Leigh Lahav. Instead of Piper’s inmates at Litchfield, you have Ariel, Tiana, and Mulan (among others) filling in to share their wisdom.
There’s no “Let It Go” allowed here as many of the storylines from the show get their own Disney twist—with some equally devious crimes. Merida wants to absorb the powers of the smartest bear out there while Elsa has to deal with a jealous Anna and being called Adele Dazeem.
While there are plenty of cameos, Gaston as Pornstache might be the best mashup of all.
ppsst the prison is actually disney #FrozenIsTheNewBlack
— Leigh Lahav (@leighlahav) July 8, 2014
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.