- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign 1 Year Ago
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
- Disney’s Obi-Wan Kenobi miniseries is now on hold Today 6:47 AM
It’s that time of year again. Epic Games’ runaway free-to-play hit Fortnite: Battle Royale just received its Season 6 update, ushering in all new skins, consumables, map changes, and gameplay tweaks for one of the gaming world’s most popular titles to date.
Epic brought Season 6 into Fortnite with a bang by unveiling a new announcement trailer alongside lengthy patch notes for players to check out. This time around, Loot Lake’s island has been lifted up into the sky, which is sure to cause some interesting battles for the game’s high ground in the days to come.
Just like Season 5, Epic Games teased Fortnite’s upcoming season with peculiar happenings throughout the game’s map. This time around, a purple cube called “Kevin” by fans dropped out of the sky and moved from place to place. By Sept. 19, Kevin had disappeared into Loot Lake, the game’s enormous pond in the center of the map, turning the lake purple and letting players bounce up and down on its surface.
With Season 6’s launch, Epic finally revealed more lore around the cube. Apparently, the cube has been activated and lifted Loot Lake’s island off the map, hence the in-game change. We don’t know much about the cube’s history yet, but we do know Kevin is already having an influence across the map: Seven new “Corrupted Areas” now feature Shadow Stones, which let players become invisible if they stay in place.
Alongside Fortnite’s latest lore addition, Season 6 also introduced a new Battle Pass filled with myriad outfit skins, sprays, back bling, and more for players to unlock. Most of these are Halloween-themed and include a werewolf outfit, a vampiress skin, and a Little Red Riding Hood skin. Of particular note is the season’s Level 100 skin, “Dire,” which isn’t just the most difficult new skin to acquire, but also features additional unlockable styles through gaining more experience points.
Oh, and Epic even added in pets now, too. These can be unlocked through purchasing the Season 6 Battle Pass, and players can wear them on their backs while in combat. Available pets include dogs, chameleons, and even dragons.
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- 9 Fortnite memes almost as sweet as a Victory Royale
- The best Overwatch characters, ranked
Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 6 is available now across PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android. The game is free to play, and to get started, players can create an account at Epic Games’ official website.
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.