- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts 1 Year Ago
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Today 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Today 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Today 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Today 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
If you thought you knew what to expect from the Season Pass for Far Cry 5, think again.
Ubisoft just launched a new trailer detailing the Season Pass for the upcoming open-world shooter Far Cry 5. So even though Far Cry 5 doesn’t come out until March 27, we already know what to expect from the game in the months following launch.
For the core game, Far Cry 5 is set in the fictional Hope County, Montana. A militaristic cult has begun taking over people’s land and apparently kidnapping civilians. Your job is to lead the resistance against the cult, taking back the land and ultimately stopping the leaders from killing everyone.
That’s the core game, anyway. The downloadable expansions that will come out in the months following launch won’t be related to that at all. Here’s what to expect.
Hours of Darkness
The first DLC scheduled for Far Cry 5 takes place during the Vietnam War. It stars a totally new character who has to kill enemy soldiers, rescue friends from imprisonment, and escape the war-torn country.
Lost on Mars
Lost on Mars will be the second expansion, and it’s as different from Hours of Darkness as Hours of Darkness is from the core game. In this expansion, you’ll head to the red planet, sporting cool sci-fi weaponry and even a jet pack. Your job is to blast through aliens to stop an invasion of Earth.
Dead Living Zombies
The third Far Cry 5 DLC takes a horror turn. Dead Living Zombies drops you into seven scenarios that send waves of undead your way. Your job is to slash and blast your way through in hopes of surviving the night.
Far Cry 3: Classic Edition
If you’re feeling nostalgic for the third Far Cry installment, you’re in luck. Buying the Season Pass for Far Cry 5 gets you access to Far Cry 3: Classic Edition. It’s unclear what, if anything, is new here, but that game is awesome, so it’s a welcome addition.
Far Cry Arcade
Far Cry 5 also comes with a map editor that lets players design their own digital playgrounds for other people to play. It’s called Far Cry Arcade, and it contains around 7,000 objects pulled from the Far Cry series, as well as Watch Dogs and Assassin’s Creed.
You can access Far Cry Arcade from within the main game itself. Just find an arcade cabinet or a poster, and you can hop right into a custom-made map from a selection curated by the developers. Ubisoft says any experience points, perks, or money you earn in the Arcade will transfer over to your main game.
As time marches on after the release of Far Cry 5, Ubisoft will begin holding “live events” in the game. These will basically be limited-time goals you’ll be able to achieve to unlock cool gear. They mention outfits, weapons, and vehicles you won’t be able to get anywhere else.
That’s it for the Far Cry 5 Season Pass. The Season Pass comes with the Deluxe Edition of the game, or you can buy it separately for $30.