- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale 1 Year Ago
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations 1 Year Ago
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) 1 Year Ago
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Today 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Today 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Today 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Today 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Today 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Today 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Today 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Today 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Today 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Today 10:36 AM
- Nearly half of Juul’s Twitter followers can’t legally buy the product, study says Today 10:26 AM
- New Facebook Messenger scam tricks people into thinking they donated to ISIS Today 10:26 AM
If you thought you knew what to expect from the Season Pass for Far Cry 5, think again.
Ubisoft just launched a new trailer detailing the Season Pass for the upcoming open-world shooter Far Cry 5. So even though Far Cry 5 doesn’t come out until March 27, we already know what to expect from the game in the months following launch.
For the core game, Far Cry 5 is set in the fictional Hope County, Montana. A militaristic cult has begun taking over people’s land and apparently kidnapping civilians. Your job is to lead the resistance against the cult, taking back the land and ultimately stopping the leaders from killing everyone.
That’s the core game, anyway. The downloadable expansions that will come out in the months following launch won’t be related to that at all. Here’s what to expect.
Hours of Darkness
The first DLC scheduled for Far Cry 5 takes place during the Vietnam War. It stars a totally new character who has to kill enemy soldiers, rescue friends from imprisonment, and escape the war-torn country.
Lost on Mars
Lost on Mars will be the second expansion, and it’s as different from Hours of Darkness as Hours of Darkness is from the core game. In this expansion, you’ll head to the red planet, sporting cool sci-fi weaponry and even a jet pack. Your job is to blast through aliens to stop an invasion of Earth.
Dead Living Zombies
The third Far Cry 5 DLC takes a horror turn. Dead Living Zombies drops you into seven scenarios that send waves of undead your way. Your job is to slash and blast your way through in hopes of surviving the night.
Far Cry 3: Classic Edition
If you’re feeling nostalgic for the third Far Cry installment, you’re in luck. Buying the Season Pass for Far Cry 5 gets you access to Far Cry 3: Classic Edition. It’s unclear what, if anything, is new here, but that game is awesome, so it’s a welcome addition.
Far Cry Arcade
Far Cry 5 also comes with a map editor that lets players design their own digital playgrounds for other people to play. It’s called Far Cry Arcade, and it contains around 7,000 objects pulled from the Far Cry series, as well as Watch Dogs and Assassin’s Creed.
You can access Far Cry Arcade from within the main game itself. Just find an arcade cabinet or a poster, and you can hop right into a custom-made map from a selection curated by the developers. Ubisoft says any experience points, perks, or money you earn in the Arcade will transfer over to your main game.
As time marches on after the release of Far Cry 5, Ubisoft will begin holding “live events” in the game. These will basically be limited-time goals you’ll be able to achieve to unlock cool gear. They mention outfits, weapons, and vehicles you won’t be able to get anywhere else.
That’s it for the Far Cry 5 Season Pass. The Season Pass comes with the Deluxe Edition of the game, or you can buy it separately for $30.