- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
We get even more insight into the group’s origins.
After fans expressed concern over the first trailer and emerging plot details of the Fantastic Four reboot (Doctor Doom as a hacker, anyone?), 20th Century Fox released a new trailer that’ll hopefully put out those worrying flames.
While the initial trailer introduced us to the characters and offered plenty of intrigue, the second one focuses more on the core group, their interactions with each other, and details about how they obtained their powers in the first place—as well as the aftermath.
The glimpse of Doctor Doom might not completely squelch concerns regarding his character, but it’s hard to deny how cool he looks.
It’s still a darker tone than we’re used to seeing in recent Marvel films, but they trade off banter, adding some much-needed humor and lightheartedness—even if they are about to travel to another dimension and gain their superhero abilities. It’s worth the fistbump, if you don’t mess it up like Dr. Reed Richards.
Screengrab via 20th Century Fox/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.