- Bernie Sanders proposes sweeping plan to combat climate change 4 Years Ago
- Is ‘Save Spider-Man from Sony’ fueled by pro-Disney bots? 4 Years Ago
- ‘Jawline’ takes a stunning look at influencers and the social media gold rush Today 7:00 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in September 2019 Today 6:58 AM
- The biggest conspiracy theories around Area 51 Today 6:30 AM
- How to listen to YouTube music in the background on your phone Today 6:00 AM
- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
After fans expressed concern over the first trailer and emerging plot details of the Fantastic Four reboot (Doctor Doom as a hacker, anyone?), 20th Century Fox released a new trailer that’ll hopefully put out those worrying flames.
While the initial trailer introduced us to the characters and offered plenty of intrigue, the second one focuses more on the core group, their interactions with each other, and details about how they obtained their powers in the first place—as well as the aftermath.
The glimpse of Doctor Doom might not completely squelch concerns regarding his character, but it’s hard to deny how cool he looks.
It’s still a darker tone than we’re used to seeing in recent Marvel films, but they trade off banter, adding some much-needed humor and lightheartedness—even if they are about to travel to another dimension and gain their superhero abilities. It’s worth the fistbump, if you don’t mess it up like Dr. Reed Richards.
Screengrab via 20th Century Fox/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.