- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Today 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Today 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Today 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Today 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Today 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Today 11:14 AM
- Biden yelling at Warren becomes relatable workplace meme Today 10:33 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard was conservatives’ favorite debater Today 10:07 AM
- ‘Rogue One’ co-writer to direct several episodes, write the pilot for Cassian Andor series Today 9:50 AM
- ‘The Two Popes’: Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce shine in Netflix’s pope comedy Today 8:57 AM
- AOC, ‘Squad’ to endorse Bernie Sanders Today 8:44 AM
- ‘Ghosts of Sugar Land’ explores what happens if your friend joins ISIS Today 7:00 AM
- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
What should have been a happy week for video game publisher Electronic Arts quickly turned sour when EA Access and Origin Access members got their hands on a 10-hour preview of the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront 2. One of the biggest game releases of the year, Battlefront 2 has a huge fanbase online. But when word got out that it would take roughly 40 hours to unlock heroes like Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader in the game’s online mode, fans got angry.
Eventually, EA caved and lowered the cost of heroes by 75 percent. Unlocking the top heroes—Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader—now costs 15,000 credits each instead of 60,000, which should reduce the time required to get them to about 10 hours of online play. Battlefront 2 does offer other ways to earn credits, like playing through the single-player campaign and cashing in duplicate items you find in loot crates.
In a blog post, the game’s executive producer wrote, “Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.”
To begin mending the relationship with fans, top members of the development team plan to host an AMA (“Ask Me Anything”) Wednesday on Reddit. It will be interesting to see how that goes because when the controversy was in full swing, some EA employees allegedly received death threats.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on Friday, November 17.