- Gina Rodriguez slammed for promoting ‘American Dirt’ 2 Years Ago
- Netflix says ‘The Witcher’ is its biggest show. Is it really? 2 Years Ago
- Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for podcast comments Today 8:53 AM
- Lizzo reps Beyoncé’s Ivy Park collection in adult-themed TikTok Today 7:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eye for an Eye’ is a fun but messy thriller about revenge Today 7:00 AM
- Which 2020 Democratic candidates post the most cringe? Today 6:30 AM
- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
What should have been a happy week for video game publisher Electronic Arts quickly turned sour when EA Access and Origin Access members got their hands on a 10-hour preview of the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront 2. One of the biggest game releases of the year, Battlefront 2 has a huge fanbase online. But when word got out that it would take roughly 40 hours to unlock heroes like Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader in the game’s online mode, fans got angry.
Eventually, EA caved and lowered the cost of heroes by 75 percent. Unlocking the top heroes—Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader—now costs 15,000 credits each instead of 60,000, which should reduce the time required to get them to about 10 hours of online play. Battlefront 2 does offer other ways to earn credits, like playing through the single-player campaign and cashing in duplicate items you find in loot crates.
In a blog post, the game’s executive producer wrote, “Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.”
To begin mending the relationship with fans, top members of the development team plan to host an AMA (“Ask Me Anything”) Wednesday on Reddit. It will be interesting to see how that goes because when the controversy was in full swing, some EA employees allegedly received death threats.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on Friday, November 17.