- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
We’re going to be straight with you here: This video may be a secret plot to hypnotize you.
This footage of an Euler’s Disk is nominally educational, but the main takeaway is how relaxing it is to watch and listen to a shiny disk spin on a mirror.
Euler’s Disks are designed to illustrate the way disks spin faster and faster as they lose momentum and drop closer to the surface on which they are spinning. But you can tell from this disk’s sparkly packaging that the manufacturers mostly just think it looks cool.
Screengrab via Toys and Novelties/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor