- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse 5 Years Ago
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better 5 Years Ago
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy 5 Years Ago
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation 5 Years Ago
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings 5 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Today 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Today 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Today 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Today 1:24 PM
- Trump thinks Google made 16 million people vote for Clinton Today 12:54 PM
- Danny McBride’s ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ is a wicked televangelist comedy Today 12:46 PM
- Facebook-branded coffee shops are coming Today 12:36 PM
- Twitter hosts China-backed ads maligning Hong Kong protesters Today 12:27 PM
- Jason Momoa says the ‘Justice League’ Snyder cut is ‘ssssiiicccckkkkkk’ Today 12:06 PM
Here’s a look at the new ‘Doctor Who’ trailer
“Am I a good man?”
The long wait for a new season of Doctor Who is an agonizing ordeal, and we’re honestly not sure if a new trailer makes it easier or harder to bear.
On the one hand, even this 19-second clip of Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor looks ridiculously exciting. On the other hand, we still have to wait until August 23 before the new season actually airs.
“Am I a good man?” asks the Doctor. An ominous hint of things to come, since the Doctor’s personality changes with every new regeneration. The eighth season will begin with a “feature-length” episode called “Deep Breath,” with Jenna Coleman returning as the Doctor’s assistant, Clara. This season also introduces a new companion named Danny Pink (Samuel Anderson), one of Clara’s coworkers at Coal Hill School, which has been a part of Doctor Who canon since the very first episode back in 1963.
This trailer doesn’t tell us much about the new season, but we’re likely to learn more over the next month or so. The introduction of a new Doctor is a pretty big deal, and Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman will be embarking on a world tour in the two weeks before the the first new episode airs. By August 23, we’ll probably be sick of Doctor Who-related publicity, but for now the new season feels tantalizingly far away.
Photo via bbcamerica/Tumblr
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor