The latest ‘Doctor Who’ book is all about the Doctor’s adventures in America.
A new series of short stories brings the Doctor back to the U.S., under the title Doctor Who: The American Adventures.
Written by longtime Doctor Who tie-in author Justin Richards, the six short stories in the book feature Peter Capaldi‘s Twelfth Doctor. They sound like a must-read for any Whovian eagerly awaiting the next season of Doctor Who! Here’s the lowdown on each of the stories:
- Spectator Sport: The Doctor finds himself on an invisible spaceship observing the Battle of New Orleans in 1815, and must stop a would-be assassin from killing one of the Throne Lords aboard.
- All That Glitters: Taking place during the Gold Rush, the Doctor must save America from an alien invasion.
- Off The Trail: A dust storm on the Oregon Trail blows a family of wagoneers—and the Doctor, in his TARDIS—to a scary alternate reality.
- Ghosts of New York: Workers digging the tunnels for the New York subway in the early 1900s report seeing ghosts. Clearly a job for the Doctor!
- Base of Operations: Set shortly before the D-Day landings in 1944, the Doctor discovers that aliens have begun to replace U.S. troops with their own kind.
- Taking the Plunge: This Scooby Doo-esque adventure sees the Doctor visit Disneyland in the 1980s, where a ride called the Space Plunge is draining the life force from tourists.
Doctor Who: The American Adventures will be published on Oct. 25, and it’s available for preorder from Amazon now.
Pure, uncut internet. Straight to your inbox.