- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
A new series of short stories brings the Doctor back to the U.S., under the title Doctor Who: The American Adventures.
Doctor Who: The American Adventures
Written by longtime Doctor Who tie-in author Justin Richards, the six short stories in the book feature Peter Capaldi‘s Twelfth Doctor. They sound like a must-read for any Whovian eagerly awaiting the next season of Doctor Who! Here’s the lowdown on each of the stories:
- Spectator Sport: The Doctor finds himself on an invisible spaceship observing the Battle of New Orleans in 1815, and must stop a would-be assassin from killing one of the Throne Lords aboard.
- All That Glitters: Taking place during the Gold Rush, the Doctor must save America from an alien invasion.
- Off The Trail: A dust storm on the Oregon Trail blows a family of wagoneers—and the Doctor, in his TARDIS—to a scary alternate reality.
- Ghosts of New York: Workers digging the tunnels for the New York subway in the early 1900s report seeing ghosts. Clearly a job for the Doctor!
- Base of Operations: Set shortly before the D-Day landings in 1944, the Doctor discovers that aliens have begun to replace U.S. troops with their own kind.
- Taking the Plunge: This Scooby Doo-esque adventure sees the Doctor visit Disneyland in the 1980s, where a ride called the Space Plunge is draining the life force from tourists.
Doctor Who: The American Adventures will be published on Oct. 25, and it’s available for preorder from Amazon now.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor