- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
A new series of short stories brings the Doctor back to the U.S., under the title Doctor Who: The American Adventures.
Doctor Who: The American Adventures
Written by longtime Doctor Who tie-in author Justin Richards, the six short stories in the book feature Peter Capaldi‘s Twelfth Doctor. They sound like a must-read for any Whovian eagerly awaiting the next season of Doctor Who! Here’s the lowdown on each of the stories:
- Spectator Sport: The Doctor finds himself on an invisible spaceship observing the Battle of New Orleans in 1815, and must stop a would-be assassin from killing one of the Throne Lords aboard.
- All That Glitters: Taking place during the Gold Rush, the Doctor must save America from an alien invasion.
- Off The Trail: A dust storm on the Oregon Trail blows a family of wagoneers—and the Doctor, in his TARDIS—to a scary alternate reality.
- Ghosts of New York: Workers digging the tunnels for the New York subway in the early 1900s report seeing ghosts. Clearly a job for the Doctor!
- Base of Operations: Set shortly before the D-Day landings in 1944, the Doctor discovers that aliens have begun to replace U.S. troops with their own kind.
- Taking the Plunge: This Scooby Doo-esque adventure sees the Doctor visit Disneyland in the 1980s, where a ride called the Space Plunge is draining the life force from tourists.
Doctor Who: The American Adventures will be published on Oct. 25, and it’s available for preorder from Amazon now.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor