- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
‘Deadpool’ finally gets an official teaser—just not the one you’d expect
Deadpool heard you liked teasers…
In case you had any doubt that Marvel’s wisecracking Merc with a Mouth will have the funniest superhero movie of next year, this trailer will clear that right up. It’s only 40 seconds long, but in them we learn immediately that all the pop culture satire, superhero mockery, and unchecked profanity we want from a Deadpool movie will be on tap.
Note: Video contains the F-bomb, so even though all Ryan Reynolds does is sit in a chair and snark about the trailer he’s going to show you, this may be NSFW:
There’s something in Reynolds’ schtick that reminds us a little of Jim Carrey’s ’90s superhero parody The Mask, but we’re choosing to ignore it in hopes it’s just a passing resemblance. Hopefully, tomorrow’s real trailer will continue to make all our Deadpool dreams come true.
Screengrab via MovieClips/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.