- Pro-Trump subreddit quarantined over violent threats in support of Oregon Republicans 3 Years Ago
- Woman who live streamed a police officer’s shooting is receiving death threats 3 Years Ago
- Pre-Prime Day deals you don’t want to miss 3 Years Ago
- Dana Loesch out at NRATV; ‘thoughts and prayers’ for her career are in Today 12:33 PM
- Trump’s rant about Megan Rapinoe devolves into treatise about PC culture in the NBA Today 10:41 AM
- Is Millie Bobby Brown joining the MCU? Today 10:39 AM
- Hundreds of thousands demand that Etika’s previously deleted YouTube channel be restored Today 10:18 AM
- Eric Trump says cocktail waitress spit on him in Chicago bar Today 9:47 AM
- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law Today 9:07 AM
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
Fanartist imagines Keira Knightley or Stephen Lang playing Cable in ‘Deadpool 2’
Wondering what Cable might look like in ‘Deadpool 2’? This might help give you a sense.
Deadpool 2 has already been given the green light, and Deadpool‘s $300 million box office haul means an X-Force spinoff looks increasingly likely. With that in mind, who is Fox going to cast as Deadpool’s grim-faced partner Cable?
- What the ‘Deadpool’ post-credit scene tells us about ‘Deadpool 2’
- Why is Deadpool so ugly? A look at the merc’s dark comics history
In Deadpool‘s post-credits scene, Ryan Reynolds hinted at a truly wondrous casting idea: Keira Knightley as the time-traveling mutant cyborg Cable. Sadly, this is unlikely to happen for real (although if anyone could swing it, it’s Deadpool‘s creative team), but if you’re wondering what it might look like, fanartist BossLogic mocked up a badass image of a genderbent Cable.
BossLogic’s Photoshopped superhero art is always worth checking out, and he’s a longtime fan of the X-Men franchise. Last year his X-Men: Apocalypse fanart predicted Sophie Turner‘s Jean Grey look with surprising accuracy. He also did Stephen Lang as Cable, and you have to wonder if this art, too, might come true.
Lang is a popular choice to play Cable, mostly thanks to his turn as the grizzled Colonol Quaritch in Avatar. He’s also very receptive to the idea himself, tweeting photos of his impressive biceps to prove that he’s ready to tackle the role.
This kind of fancasting can usually be taken with a hefty pinch of salt, but since Deadpool‘s success was built on a mountain of fanservice, who knows? Stephen Lang as Cable might actually happen.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/DotGeek/posts/1744260862472809/ embed.]
Photo via BossLogic/witter
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor