- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
Deadpool 2 has already been given the green light, and Deadpool‘s $300 million box office haul means an X-Force spinoff looks increasingly likely. With that in mind, who is Fox going to cast as Deadpool’s grim-faced partner Cable?
- What the ‘Deadpool’ post-credit scene tells us about ‘Deadpool 2’
- Why is Deadpool so ugly? A look at the merc’s dark comics history
In Deadpool‘s post-credits scene, Ryan Reynolds hinted at a truly wondrous casting idea: Keira Knightley as the time-traveling mutant cyborg Cable. Sadly, this is unlikely to happen for real (although if anyone could swing it, it’s Deadpool‘s creative team), but if you’re wondering what it might look like, fanartist BossLogic mocked up a badass image of a genderbent Cable.
BossLogic’s Photoshopped superhero art is always worth checking out, and he’s a longtime fan of the X-Men franchise. Last year his X-Men: Apocalypse fanart predicted Sophie Turner‘s Jean Grey look with surprising accuracy. He also did Stephen Lang as Cable, and you have to wonder if this art, too, might come true.
Lang is a popular choice to play Cable, mostly thanks to his turn as the grizzled Colonol Quaritch in Avatar. He’s also very receptive to the idea himself, tweeting photos of his impressive biceps to prove that he’s ready to tackle the role.
This kind of fancasting can usually be taken with a hefty pinch of salt, but since Deadpool‘s success was built on a mountain of fanservice, who knows? Stephen Lang as Cable might actually happen.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/DotGeek/posts/1744260862472809/ embed.]
Photo via BossLogic/witter
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor