- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire 4 Years Ago
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction 4 Years Ago
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained 4 Years Ago
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night 4 Years Ago
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
- Facebook is experimenting with apps targeting teens Today 12:21 PM
- #LiveFromTheArea51Raid: Memes and highlights from the desert Today 12:06 PM
- Ready for Dark Mode? Here’s how to get it, and everything else in iOS 13 Today 11:41 AM
Deadpool 2 has already been given the green light, and Deadpool‘s $300 million box office haul means an X-Force spinoff looks increasingly likely. With that in mind, who is Fox going to cast as Deadpool’s grim-faced partner Cable?
- What the ‘Deadpool’ post-credit scene tells us about ‘Deadpool 2’
- Why is Deadpool so ugly? A look at the merc’s dark comics history
In Deadpool‘s post-credits scene, Ryan Reynolds hinted at a truly wondrous casting idea: Keira Knightley as the time-traveling mutant cyborg Cable. Sadly, this is unlikely to happen for real (although if anyone could swing it, it’s Deadpool‘s creative team), but if you’re wondering what it might look like, fanartist BossLogic mocked up a badass image of a genderbent Cable.
BossLogic’s Photoshopped superhero art is always worth checking out, and he’s a longtime fan of the X-Men franchise. Last year his X-Men: Apocalypse fanart predicted Sophie Turner‘s Jean Grey look with surprising accuracy. He also did Stephen Lang as Cable, and you have to wonder if this art, too, might come true.
Lang is a popular choice to play Cable, mostly thanks to his turn as the grizzled Colonol Quaritch in Avatar. He’s also very receptive to the idea himself, tweeting photos of his impressive biceps to prove that he’s ready to tackle the role.
This kind of fancasting can usually be taken with a hefty pinch of salt, but since Deadpool‘s success was built on a mountain of fanservice, who knows? Stephen Lang as Cable might actually happen.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/DotGeek/posts/1744260862472809/ embed.]
Photo via BossLogic/witter
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor