- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
The first trailer for Stephen King’s ‘The Dark Tower’ will leave you stunned
‘I do not kill with my gun. I kill with my heart.’
For those unfamiliar with one of King’s most famous series, Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey are the Gunslinger and the Man in Black, who are forever locked in a fight over the Dark Tower, which is the one thing holding the universe together. But their world isn’t the only world, as a young boy on Earth who dreams of them discovers that his dreams are real.
The trailer focuses on the Gunslinger’s expert firearm abilities and his rival, who he considers to be worse than the devil. It stays away from the fantasy elements of the novels, making the movie accessible for those who haven’t read the books. But for those that haven’t, the Gunslinger is really good at gunslinging.
Prior to the trailer’s release, Elba and McConaughey got into a bit of Twitter roleplaying to tease up their characters’ mutual animosity for one another.
.@idriselba You want the Tower?— Matthew McConaughey (@McConaughey) May 2, 2017
@McConaughey To find the tower is my purpose. I'm sworn.— Idris Elba (@idriselba) May 2, 2017
@idriselba Then as the world’s last crusader don’t break your promise… you’re closer to the Tower than you know.— Matthew McConaughey (@McConaughey) May 2, 2017
@McConaughey You know nothing of me.— Idris Elba (@idriselba) May 2, 2017
The Gunslinger doesn’t shoot with his hand—he shoots with his heart. And his aim is deadly.
The Dark Tower debuts in theaters Aug. 4.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.