- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram Monday 10:04 PM
- TikTok takes down 2 dozen ISIS accounts being used for recruitment Monday 9:38 PM
- British judge refuses to delay WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing Monday 8:01 PM
- Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas’ private Instagram filled with Trump connections Monday 7:22 PM
- ‘Bomboclaat’ is the new ‘sco pa tu manaa’ Monday 7:00 PM
- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from car crash spawns memes Monday 6:00 PM
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Monday 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Monday 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Monday 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Monday 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Monday 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Monday 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Monday 1:30 PM
This octopus has no name but he does have our hearts
We shall call you Squishy.
This may just be the cutest example of the terrifying deep we’ve ever seen.
Thanks to YouTube channel Science Friday’s upcoming Cephalopod Week, we’ve been treated to a cool look inside the Monterey Bay Aquarium (MBARI) and the search to find a name for this cute little octopus.
Aww, look at the adorable little creature from the dark abyss! Even when you turn out the lights this octopus still looks like more meek than menacing:
The species has long been collected and observed by scientists, but it still doesn’t have a name. Researcher Stephanie Bush, a fellow at the institute, may have the ultimate responsibility of giving it one. She told SciFri she’d been thinking about naming it Opistoteuthis adorabilis because it’s just that cute.
You can call it what you like, Stephanie, but we’re going to call it Squishy, and it shall be ours.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.