- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
‘Collectems’ offers a new take on ‘Pokémon’ for PS4, PS Vita
Miss classic Pokémon? Check out Collectems.
A new Pokémon-like RPG is currently in development that will bring a unique twist to the classic formula. In Collectems (sound familiar?) players will be able to traverse the randomly generated world of Tamota, capture critters, and battle them out.
One of the greatest parts of playing Pokémon as an uninitiated child was that sense of mystery in exploration. The worlds were new and nothing was familiar. But after playing so many Pokémon games over the years, you pretty much know the score. Collectems plans to have a completely randomly generated world, meaning that each playthrough will result in a different environment. That makes it harder for the player to find a pattern to world design, but it also keeps things interesting.
Collectems adopts the same pixelated art design as the original Pokémon on the original Gameboy and Gameboy color. Sprites will look simplistic and a tad unrefined. The game can be switched between greenscale, grayscale, simple color, and full color.
The game, however, will be far more in depth than Pokémon Red. Taking a cue from the current Pokémon competitive scene, breeding and eugenics will play a large role. Mixing and matching Collectems to yield the most powerful monster will be integral to the strategy. Interestingly, if a Collectem falls, its DNA can be transferred to its successor. That means permanent death is a factor in gameplay, which could turn a few people off. Luckily, that feature can be turned off.
H/T VitaBoys | Image via collectemsgame | remix by Jason Reed
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.