- ‘Watchmen’ delivers a surprisingly conventional superhero finale Sunday 10:11 PM
- Facebook ads are spreading misinformation about HIV Sunday 10:11 PM
- Military investigates students’ suspected white power hand signs at football game Sunday 9:41 PM
- North Carolina man allegedly stole $88K then posted it on Instagram Sunday 8:34 PM
- People are pissed a CGI influencer said she was sexually assaulted Sunday 4:56 PM
- BTS’ RM says he’s lost 33 AirPods Sunday 3:59 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘hyper-realistic’ cat cake is scaring fans Sunday 3:03 PM
- Nick Cannon is reportedly playing his Eminem diss track on repeat Sunday 1:20 PM
- College quarterback blasted by ex-girlfriend in savage AF breakup TikTok Sunday 12:27 PM
- Hallmark pulls ad featuring lesbian couple after conservative protest Sunday 11:27 AM
- Actress’ tweet calling out fellow passenger for not moving seats backfires Sunday 10:43 AM
- The 10 most influential hashtags of the decade Sunday 6:30 AM
- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
This weekend marked the conclusion of an epic story between man (Captain America star Chris Evans) and man’s best friend (a dog named Dodger.) It’s the only unequivocably good thing on Twitter, and it’s essential viewing.
Thanks to his demanding schedule of Avengers sequels, Evans has to spend a long time away from his beloved dog. That led to regular tweets like this one, which kicked off a panic about Dodger’s wellbeing.
Really missing this guy right now. pic.twitter.com/fWNviX6CrH— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) July 8, 2017
People were so worried that Evans had to respond and confirm that his dog was fine, just far away. Thus began an international obsession with Chris Evans’ pure and adorable love for Dodger, torn asunder by Marvel Studios.
To be clear, he's alive and well, just thousands of miles away for the next couple months.— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) July 8, 2017
Dodger seems to live with Evans’ family while he’s away from home, so he still receives regular updates. This one is from a couple of weeks ago, eagerly anticipating Evans’ return from the Marvel set.
The dangers of playing with your food.— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) August 25, 2017
One more week.
Also yes, I was watching Kindergarten Cop. pic.twitter.com/pGa3nHGTYM
On Sunday, Chris Evans (and Dodger, and everyone following him on Twitter) finally got his wish. Man and dog were reunited, and obviously he posted a video.
After 10 long weeks... pic.twitter.com/pZUvyLjHN5— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 3, 2017
In case you’re wondering, this is what pure happiness looks like.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor