- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Today 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Today 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Today 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Today 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Today 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Today 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
This weekend marked the conclusion of an epic story between man (Captain America star Chris Evans) and man’s best friend (a dog named Dodger.) It’s the only unequivocably good thing on Twitter, and it’s essential viewing.
Thanks to his demanding schedule of Avengers sequels, Evans has to spend a long time away from his beloved dog. That led to regular tweets like this one, which kicked off a panic about Dodger’s wellbeing.
Really missing this guy right now. pic.twitter.com/fWNviX6CrH— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) July 8, 2017
People were so worried that Evans had to respond and confirm that his dog was fine, just far away. Thus began an international obsession with Chris Evans’ pure and adorable love for Dodger, torn asunder by Marvel Studios.
To be clear, he's alive and well, just thousands of miles away for the next couple months.— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) July 8, 2017
Dodger seems to live with Evans’ family while he’s away from home, so he still receives regular updates. This one is from a couple of weeks ago, eagerly anticipating Evans’ return from the Marvel set.
The dangers of playing with your food.— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) August 25, 2017
One more week.
Also yes, I was watching Kindergarten Cop. pic.twitter.com/pGa3nHGTYM
On Sunday, Chris Evans (and Dodger, and everyone following him on Twitter) finally got his wish. Man and dog were reunited, and obviously he posted a video.
After 10 long weeks... pic.twitter.com/pZUvyLjHN5— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 3, 2017
In case you’re wondering, this is what pure happiness looks like.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor