- How to survive and thrive in Metro Exodus 10 Months Ago
- How to stream ‘Survivor’ for free 10 Months Ago
- The simple way to connect Apple TV and HomePod Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid online for free Today 5:00 AM
- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
She’s a member of Thanos’ team, the Black Order.
Until today, a handful of Avengers: Infinity War cast members were still under wraps. Thanos‘ henchmen, known as the Black Order, are most prominent new characters in the movie—and the Radio Times just revealed the actors behind three of them.
Fargo actress Carrie Coon is the most famous name, playing Proxima Midnight. Irish actor Tom Vaughan-Lawlor voices the CGI Ebony Maw (a manipulative psychic alien), while Terry Notary (Avatar, Planet of the Apes) provides a motion capture performance for the hulking Cull Obsidian, known in the comics as Black Dwarf.
Carrie Coon is best known for her starring roles in The Leftovers and Fargo, and her extensive career on stage. So, a supervillain in an action movie is definitely a step away from her usual fare. Proxima Midnight is one of Thanos’ most loyal followers, a warrior who wields a powerful spear. The Black Order’s job is to subdue (or completely annihilate) civilizations for Thanos, taking tribute from his victims. You’ve already seen glimpses of Proxima in the trailer, and she’ll probably have a major role in battles against the Avengers.
In the comics, Proxima Midnight is married to the Black Order’s malevolent leader, Corvus Glaive. We don’t know if this relationship was included in the movie, but we can expect him to have the biggest role of the team.
Corvus Glaive is the only Infinity War character whose actor hasn’t been revealed, with producer Kevin Feige hinting at a famous casting choice last year. At the moment, the smart money’s on Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage. He’s definitely in the cast, and since he hasn’t appeared in any promotional materials, it would make sense for him to voice a CGI character like Corvus Glaive.
H/T Radio Times.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.