- ‘The Mandalorian’ comes to a crossroads in Chapter 3 5 Years Ago
- Apple TV’s ‘Servant’ will make you scared of reborn dolls 5 Years Ago
- Lindsey Graham roasted for turning his back on a veteran 5 Years Ago
- Scooter Braun asks Taylor Swift for ‘resolution’ after allegedly getting death threats 5 Years Ago
- ‘Frozen 2’ plays it safe and lacks the magic of the original Today 12:19 PM
- Graphic video shows police pinning man face-down in subway station Today 12:18 PM
- Mini-documentary shows Trump supporters clashing at Denny’s Today 11:52 AM
- Here’s why ‘Furry and Proud’ is trending on Twitter Today 11:16 AM
- Sacha Baron Cohen calls tech giants the ‘greatest propaganda machine in history’ Today 11:04 AM
- ‘Resistance Reborn’ is a must-read before ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Today 10:14 AM
- Stephen Miller should be fired, more than 100 lawmakers say Today 9:56 AM
- YouTube star Bretman Rock goes off on fans who wanted selfies during his dad’s funeral Today 9:14 AM
- The U.S. Army is reevaluating its use of TikTok after security concerns Today 8:45 AM
- Nurse’s TikTok video accused of being insensitive to patient trauma Today 8:16 AM
- The tweet showing a man talking to a woman in a club is gone but not forgotten Today 8:00 AM
Marvel casts Carrie-Anne Moss in ‘A.K.A. Jessica Jones’
First Doctor Who, now the Matrix.
At what point is Marvel going to run out of awesome actors to cast in its franchises? It’s bound to happen, but not today because the studio just announced another major casting coup for Netflix series, A.K.A. Jessica Jones.
Carrie-Anne Moss (best known as Trinity in the Matrix trilogy) has been cast in a recurring role on the show. Marvel.com describes her character as “a no-nonsense woman who could prove a powerful ally to Jessica… if Jessica doesn’t completely alienate her first.”
The character’s name has not yet been revealed, although fans are already racking their brains for possible options from the comic book archives. It’s best not to speculate too much though, as previous Marvel TV shows have introduced plenty of new characters to the universe. Moss’s role may not have a comic book origin story at all.
Moss isn’t the only sci-fi icon in the cast of A.K.A. Jessica Jones, as Doctor Who star David Tennant was recently revealed to be playing the villainous Kilgrave. So far the other main characters are played by Krysten Ritter (Jessica Jones), Rachael Taylor (Hellcat), and Mike Colter (Luke Cage).
Photo via Movieplex/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor